Community Forum

Re: S9 unlock issues

New Poster

This seems borderline ridiculous. 3 weeks and nothing from Xfinity. Please, I'd like to get this resolved and have my devices unlocked!
Official Employee

Allwhi05, if you were provided unlock codes for your devices and they failed for whatever reason, you're correct, an unfreeze code would need to be used. Please reach out to XFINITY Mobile support for assistance with the unfreeze codes. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks for the reply. I have reached out to support and no one seems to know what an unlock code is. I've been given a case number, but like I stated previously it's been nearly a month and no reply. I appreciate you replying to this post. I will continue to call support until I get connected with someone who can help. It's unfortunate it has turned out this way. I highly value my time and multiple calls to support for a device I purchased outright seems like a waste of time.
Official Employee

Thanks for the reply. I have reached out to support and no one seems to know what an unlock code is. I've been given a case number, but like I stated previously it's been nearly a month and no reply. I appreciate you replying to this post. I will continue to call support until I get connected with someone who can help. It's unfortunate it has turned out this way. I highly value my time and multiple calls to support for a device I purchased outright seems like a waste of time.

Allwhi05, sorry to hear about your experience. Wish I could help further-- Tier 2 support will be able to supply you with the unfreeze code, especially if an unlock code was already approved. I recommend you request to speak with Tier 2 support for an unfreeze code request. Let me know if you need anything else. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!