Community Forum

Re: ‘Please re-enter 10 digit code’ message when trying to place out going call

Frequent Visitor

I am having this same issue at times. Takes 3 or 4 times for the call to go through. If anyone has a solution please post.

Official Employee

vancer, this is a known issue that has affected some customers. I'll look into this for you. Please private message me your account number, address and full name for help. 

New Poster

Having the same problem. Can’t seem to send you a private message with my info though. Please help.

Contributor

Same problem here. 

Contributor

vancer wrote:

I am having this same issue at times. Takes 3 or 4 times for the call to go through. If anyone has a solution please post.

Would also add that this happens when calling 911.  There's gotta be some law that says Xfinity has to allow 911 on their network...

Regular Visitor

: ‘Please re-enter 10 digit code’ message when trying to place out going call...

I have this same problem on all 3 lines when we try and call out in certain areas. How can I get this fixed or message you Ken?
Contributor

As far as I can tell the "redial 10 digit" thing happens on 1X connections which has to do with XM's roaming partner list not being the same as Verizon.  I think XM needs to pay Verizon more money to get the same roaming partner list or something.

Contributor

@Heronn wrote:

vancer wrote:

Would also add that this happens when calling 911.  There's gotta be some law that says Xfinity has to allow 911 on their network...

If they are not carrying 911 calls that is a major issue.  Please file an FCC complaint: https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

Official Employee

: ‘Please re-enter 10 digit code’ message when trying to place out going call...

I have this same problem on all 3 lines when we try and call out in certain areas. How can I get this fixed or message you Ken?

firstplacerealt, from what I've gathered from the XFINITY Mobile engineers, this is happening as designed. When you get the request to redial the number, this has to do with the proximity to the nearest tower. This is why it only happens in some areas and not others. In those areas, you have to re enter the 10 digit number based on coverage. I see you have sent me a private message with your ticket info, so I'll follow up with you there. 

New Poster

Is there a resolution to this issue? We have a second home in western MD and have to double dial every call