Community Forum

Re: Number Porting from TMobile to Xfinity

Most Valued Poster

ComcastKenF wrote:

kanchanchhetri, did you already activate the device? The port process becomes a little tricky if the device has already been activated with a number before you began your port. 

ComcastKenF....I went to comcast svc center yesterday and signed up for Xfinity Mobile. Phones will be delivered tomorrow. I will be taking our T Mobile phones to the svc center to  port and activiate. Should this alleviate issues with porting? I don't intend to do anything to the new phones until I get with the rep at the svc center. Is this the proper way to do this? I don't want to have issues porting or activating the phone.

Official Employee

TerriB, if you want 1:1 instruction on porting and setting up your device, getting help at an XFINITY Mobile store is one way to do so. Most port requests don't have issue. 

KenF

Most Valued Poster

Yep I figured if I am in the store with a rep and something goes wrong I will be where I need to be. Its only a few miles from my house so thats great. Its been over 10 yrs since I ported last time.

ComcastKenF wrote:

TerriB, if you want 1:1 instruction on porting and setting up your device, getting help at an XFINITY Mobile store is one way to do so. Most port requests don't have issue. 

KenF

Official Employee

Gotcha. Well I am here if you need me. 

Most Valued Poster

ComcastKenF wrote:

Gotcha. Well I am here if you need me. 

Thanks....you know I am NOT SHY about asking for help....lol. I will have to retrain my husband even though its still Android he will have issues and I am bracing myself.  Gotta love him!