Community Forum

Re: No Cellular Data on BYOD iPhone 8 Plus

Regular Visitor

I can’t seem to figure out how to PM from my phone, but my wife has the same issue and I already spent 1 hr in the xfinity store and I’d hate to waste their time.
Regular Visitor

Never mind, I switched over to Chrome and the private message link appeared. Seems to be an issue with Safari. Going back to the store to see if they can help get Data working on my wife’s phone.
Problem Solver

If you have a problem with no cellular data on a BYOD iPhone, check of you have a menu item called Settings-General-Profile. If you have a profile set up from a previous carrier you should delete that profile.
Regular Visitor

Mike,

I was just getting ready to post this.  I went to the store yesterday and they spent about an hour with tier 2.  Tier 2 said it was a problem with the phone and there wasn't anything they could do.  I explained it was working when I brought it in and switched SIM cards, so that couldn't be the case.   I switched LTE off and 3G was working, then I started searching the net and found an article regarding profiles and deleted the profile and everything worked.   I passed this info back to Xfinity so they could hopefully help future customers better (instead of saying sorry but we can't help further).

Thanks again!

Official Employee

(Mrdenial, you have to post publicly before you can send a private message. Please do not send unsolicited private messages as that violates the forums guidelines). 

Glad you were able to get your cellular data working. Post again if you need anything else. 

KenF