Community Forum

Re: Limiting Data Usage for One Device

New Poster

This is unbelievable! I just spent 20 minutes with an incompetent Comcast Mobile customer service person who was 'guiding' through how TO SET UP DATA LIMITS on my lines! He was very unhelpful and uninformed because the options he kept saying to click on weren't on my screen in my xfinity mobile account. Now I read here that this option isn't even available. Then he had me log into my comcast internet account? Do these people get paid by the minute for how long they keep customers on the line?

Official Employee

This is unbelievable! I just spent 20 minutes with an incompetent Comcast Mobile customer service person who was 'guiding' through how TO SET UP DATA LIMITS on my lines! He was very unhelpful and uninformed because the options he kept saying to click on weren't on my screen in my xfinity mobile account. Now I read here that this option isn't even available. Then he had me log into my comcast internet account? Do these people get paid by the minute for how long they keep customers on the line?

familynd, this is not the experience I want for you. There is no feature now that caps the data for the line/account. If you'd like to set up alerts when certain thresholds are near, that can be done but the only way to cap the data itself is to deactivate cellular data on the actual phone. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

You can set if it's android in Mobile data settings to shut down once a certain data limit had been reached
Official Employee

Yeah that is true for android devices and I've seen some 3rd party apps that claim they allow it to like Netguard that are pretty popular. I'm not sure if it's available in the Apple App store though. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

Straight in the mobile data settings you can not only set warnings but true limmits. Without 3rd party apps. Thats how ive setup my s8 i have a 3mb data cap set so if my mobile data gets turned on it will disable it at 3mb
Official Employee

Straight in the mobile data settings you can not only set warnings but true limmits. Without 3rd party apps. Thats how ive setup my s8 i have a 3mb data cap set so if my mobile data gets turned on it will disable it at 3mb

same on my LG G6 via settings-->network-->mobile data-->Limit mobile data usage

The only problem with that is the carrier may tally data usage differently from your phone so that is always something to take into consideration. 

KenF