Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Re: Issue with Phone Exchange: Xfinity mobile is a great product with a poor customer service.

New Poster

Re: Issue with Phone Exchange: Xfinity mobile is a great product with a poor customer service.

there is some type of fraud going on in the returns department there.  the voicemail on my lg x wasn't working and when i called the gal could not help and said she was sending me a new phone.  when i received it, i went to the comcast store because they sent me a used replacement phone in a dirty bag, no new packaging.  i didn't want to exchange my perfectly nice new phone for that one, but the store rep said it had to be and spent at least 2 hours at the store for them to get voicemail working on the replacement phone.   according to store reps, when the phone reps don't know what to do they use the "it's your phone" story and send a replacement.  Well, don't fall for it.  2.5 months ago i sent my cleaned, pristine original phone back to them and thought this was resolved.  2 days ago i get e-mails and my account is charged $198 saying there are scratches on the phone.  3 days of calling and being told the tier 2 tried to call me yesterday - no call record and no voicemail.  So someone at the return center is lying about the phones they receive.  I'm told they have a photo of it with scratches - what, is that a stock photo they use?  Today when i called I asked for it to be sent back to me then, since they've charged me in full for it.  She said I can't have a free phone.  What free phone?  you have my original phone and have charged my bank account $198 for it so i want it back.  I'm paying the monthly $7.50 for the used phone i have now.  I'm going to their store today, and if this can't be resolved, then back to verizon.  i highly suggest xfinity look into its return centers and do some security checks on what is happening there.

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

on 5/5 i posted that i would be going to the xfinity store in a last attempt to get this resolved.  they are not able to see billing info or customer contact logs, nice people but completely unempowered by xfinity to resolve these issues.  however, matt took my name and number and said the store manager would call me Monday.  Brent from the Federal Way, WA, store did call me, got the details from me, and then did an internal escalation ticket and said he'd call in 48 hours.  He did, and said he'd found out that everything i'd told them was true, and he was getting the $198 reversed.  I'm happy to say that the credit showed up in my bank account on 5/11.  So kudos to Matt and Brent at the Federal Way store for taking care of the customer.  I hope this is the last of this issue, there still seems to be something fishy going on at the exchange warehouse and I hope xfinity looks into it so other customers don't have to suffer.  I highly suggest the xfinity stores be allowed to assess phones and take returns/exchanges from the customer directly.

All Replies
Regular Contributor

I knew after reading through the forum that the phones I purchased would never see the XM warehouse again. Charge you and keep your phone too. No thanks. I got them both unlocked as soon as possible and will keep them working however possible without going back to that black hole.

Official Employee

box5, sorry to hear about your experience. I'd be happy to look into the grade of your returned device and investigate further. Please send me a private message with your full name and your residential account related phone number for help. 

KenF

New Poster

on 5/5 i posted that i would be going to the xfinity store in a last attempt to get this resolved.  they are not able to see billing info or customer contact logs, nice people but completely unempowered by xfinity to resolve these issues.  however, matt took my name and number and said the store manager would call me Monday.  Brent from the Federal Way, WA, store did call me, got the details from me, and then did an internal escalation ticket and said he'd call in 48 hours.  He did, and said he'd found out that everything i'd told them was true, and he was getting the $198 reversed.  I'm happy to say that the credit showed up in my bank account on 5/11.  So kudos to Matt and Brent at the Federal Way store for taking care of the customer.  I hope this is the last of this issue, there still seems to be something fishy going on at the exchange warehouse and I hope xfinity looks into it so other customers don't have to suffer.  I highly suggest the xfinity stores be allowed to assess phones and take returns/exchanges from the customer directly.

Official Employee

box5, glad to hear that Matt and Brent were able to take care of you. Post again if you need further assistance.