Community Forum

Re: How do I port my land line number from Verizon to Comcast phone?

New Poster

I am having the same problem porting from Verizon to Comcast.  Each side is telling me the other guy doesn't have the right information, but nobody's very good at explaining what the right information actually is.  Right now I'm paying two different companies for the same phone service, and I'm not liking that too much.

Official Employee

fenderjazz, let's take a look at the error in your port. Please send me a private message with your full name, residential account number and address for help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee
Moved:

Highlighted
New Poster

We are also having a major issue with porting our phone number from verizon to comcast and numerous phone calls to each.  Is there anyone who can help?

Valued Contributor

Even the most trivial mismatch in the information provided and required to port a number will result in a failed port.

The easiest way to resolve problems like this is to have an in real time three way conference call between both teleco's porting agents and the customer. That way the exact nature of the mismatch can be determined and corrected in real time.