Community Forum

Re: How do I port my land line number from Verizon to Comcast phone?

Highlighted
New Poster

fenderjaz5z - did Xfinity solve your problem? I am having the same - for 2 weeks now. Signed up for Xfinity mobile on Dec 14 and I have wasted many hours at Xfinity and Verizon stores with agents trying to get my Verizon number ported to my new phone. At one point neither phone worked and I went four days with no phone service - both Verizon and Xfinity said they didn't have the number. Then, a week after trying to port, both of my phones rang with incomming calls and I could answer and talk on either phone but not call out on my new Xfinity phone. Then yesterday, I lost all of my voice mails from my old phone. No one seems to know what is going on. Verison customer service blames Xfinity and Xfinity customer service blames Verizon. Verizon tiered people have given me their number and told me to give it to the Xfinity tiered people, and 3 hours later at the Xfinity store on Voss in Houston - 5th day there - all they had to offer was for me to wait yet again another 24-48 which just passed and surprise! my new Xfinity phone is not activated.    I am about ready to turn in my new Xfinity phone and cancel service with both Xfinity and Verison. 

Official Employee

Tinamc, let's check on your port. Please send me a private message with your full name, residential account number and address for help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!