Community Forum

Re: Finally received email about order being canceled. Ordering have been a nightmare

New Poster

Re: Finally received email about order being canceled. Ordering have been a nightmare

I had the same issue. I ordered the LG on Aug 25 during the promotion and got the order confirmation via my personal email. No other correspondence from Xfinity since then. I called customer service who told me the order was canceled because the questionaire sent to my comcast account was not answered. I checked, and there it was, sent on Aug 26 and that if I didn't answer within 72 hours the order gets canceled. I get notifications in my personal email for everything related to comcast (bills, order confirmations,) but I didn't get any notification to answer a time sensitive account message. Did they expect customers to monitor their comcast message center on a daily basis? This is bad process.

After 30minute wait, a Rep told me I would have to create a new order and buy it at the full price right now and they will credit me the discount after 30 days. I told them I don't want to waste any more time in the chance that the credit process doesn't work out.  Hopefully they can make it right and I'd be happy to sign up as a customer.

Official Employee

littonemo, some customers are sent a fraud review email with questions to prevent unauthorized orders and charges to the account. It looks like you were offered a price lock opportunity if you decided to replace the order. If you decide to place a new order, let me know so I can assist. 

KenF

New Poster

Hi KenF, I asked for a replacement order with the same price that I initially ordered for. They only offered me to pay the full price at the time of order and a refund 30 days later.

Regular Visitor

I have placed 5 orders now online and all of them have been cancelled due to security questions I assume. Unlike all the others I have seen, I never got a set of questions emailed to me. The tier 2 email asked me to upload a few documents which I did. The security questions I had to answer were asked to me.over the phone by a rep. I have two separate but important questions. First wuestion is this. My family's Comcast account for our home service is in my wife's name and i am on the account as an authorized user. The bill has her name.on it. But when I made the online profile on the app I used my name. We then made an Xfinity molbile account and that is in my name because the Xfinity account has my name as the user. When I go to order phones I use my wife's information since the main account is in her name. Somehow the orders keep getting cancelled due to insufficient security documentation. A rep then told me that when ordering I need to use my name date of birth and social because the mobile account is in my name or at least that is what shows up on their end. Can this be right? The main home Comcast account is in my wife's name but the Xfinity molile account is in my name? They seem to think so. Both ways the orders keep getting cancelled. Also with my wife's info it only lets me order one phone. I can order one phone and make the payment and place the order but when I try to add a second ohone it states they need to run a credit check. Assuming her credit isn't great lol. But when I used my info it allowed me to order 2 phones without any credit check. Is this normal. And the main question is this. Since we have had absolutely no luck actually getting an order finalized by doing it online can we just go into the store and buy a phone and skip all the BS? And if she was able to purchase one phone online without a credit check, will this be the same if we go into the store? Please help