Community Forum

Re: Failing to portOut from OOMA to Xfinity Mobile - Several Try still failing

Regular Visitor

I need help with this also...I have been trying to port out my OOMA number since Monday.  I have an escalation ticket.  However, I also have been hung up on, had supervisors promise to call me back and fail to do so.  I am beyond frustrated with the fact that I have spent so much time and energy and cannot even be transferred to a tier 2 person.  Please help.  

07/27/2018---still not reply from Xfinity Mobile...they have lost a customer at this point.  I have successfully ported from OOMA with my current cell phone provider it only took a matter of hours.  THEY actually listened.  It is sad because I was going to transfer several lines to Xfinity Mobile.  Oh well they will have to learn I suppose....for now I am out.

Regular Visitor

Unable to Port out of OOMA--2nd Forum Request

I am trying to switch to Xfinity Mobile.  I rec'd my new phone last Monday.  I have been trying to Port out of OOMA.  I have made numerous calls to Customer Service, had chat sessions.  Spoke to supervisors, had a supervisor promise to call me back at a specific time and not do so, I have had a CSR promise to transfer me to a supervisor and drop my call into another departments queue.  I have continually asked to have my request escalated, and noone would do so.  Finally a supervisor out of SW Texas gave me an escalation ticket number and said that management would get in touch within 48 hours, it has been 5 days (not 2) and no management call back.  I have also chatted with OOMA and emailed with their PORTING dept, each time I have rec'd specific instructions for porting which I have tried to relay to XFINITY MOBILE but noone will listen or try what I have provided.  I have left a message on another message on these forums but it appears that XFINITY employees have been "dark" for a few days.  I was ready to move 2 other phones to XFINITY MOBILE, but now I am about to return the phone I rec'd and see if my current cell carrier can port my ooma phone and possibly take my entire Comcast account away.  The service I have rec'd the past week is horrible and I have been a long time customer.

Expert

Re: Unable to Port out of OOMA--2nd Forum Request

@s_cartmill

Please do not start multiple threads or make multiple posts about your issue.  Your post is in a queue and will be answered by an Official Employee in the order in which it was received.  Please do not PM any Official Employee without request as it is against Forum Guidelines and the Forum Acceptable Use Policy.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I DID NOT PM anyone, thank you!  I am tired of being ignored...obviously I have been in queue in one way or another (not here in the forum) but with XFINITY for almost a week, which is unacceptable if customers are so valued.

Expert

@s_cartmill wrote:

I DID NOT PM anyone, thank you!  I am tired of being ignored...obviously I have been in queue in one way or another (not here in the forum) but with XFINITY for almost a week, which is unacceptable if customers are so valued.

No one is ignoring you.  We have an limited number of OE's that work in the forums and they also work with other social media so it will take a bit of time for someone to get to you, but they will.  And, this is also the weekend.

Thank you for not sending a PM to one of the OE's.  I do understand how frustrating this is for you, but you'd be surprised how many people send unrequested PM's and then other customers don't understand why they're not helped sooner, like you.

FWIW, this is primarily a customer-to-customer Help & Support forum with OE's helping as they can.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Did your issue got resolved? I also have the same problem and am interested to see your resolution

Regular Visitor

Hello...no Xfinity Mobile never did resolve my issue.  After numerous attempts/ways of contacting them I cancelled and ported to another carrier.  I had confirmation of my pending port with the other carrier within a few hours and completed port within 3 business days.  Xfinity Mobile would not listen and would not escalate even though they said they did.

They have a long way to go before they are ready for all the nuances of Mobile, which they admitted after they finally called me 3 weeks after I cancelled with them.

Good Luck!

Official Employee

Hi s_cartmill, I apologize for your experiences.  Please reach back out if there is anything else I could help with and I do my best to assist.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.