Community Forum

Re: FRAUD

New Poster

The same things has happened to me. I received 2 email notifications to my gmail account confirming two phones ordered on different dates and shipped to Texas! I live in Washington -wouldn't this be a red flag! Over Christmas I couldn't get through to anyone to flag this but guess what? Someone got through to a sales rep and ordered one of the phones on Christmas day!! I logged into comcast and asked for someone to call me back because I could not get through -I received a call within minutes but that person wasn't authorized to help me or note my account. I called 4 times, and finally waited on hold for nearly an hour before I could speak to someone in the fraud department. I believe Comcast has had a security breach of some kind -when you call it says 'choose 1 if you recieved notification for a phone you did not order' -what other provider does that if they haven't recognized they have a problem!! It has been 1.5 weeks since I spoke to Comcast and I have heard nothing back. Right now my account shows a bill for $1100 in phones, and someone else's credit card information is saved to the xfinity mobile account to pay for the service. I have changed my password, etc but I am beyond furious and feel there has been a severe lack of response on behalf of comcast. 

Official Employee

Tkharlan, were you able to speak with our CSA team?

New Poster

I have talked to the fraud department three times but I was told I would receive email confirmation that the issue has been handled when it is resolved. It has been nearly two weeks but I still have not received an email and the phone account still shows on my comcast account. I'm not sure what the hold up is but I am told 'they are busy'.

Official Employee

Tkharlan, when you refer to the Fraud department, are you referring the customer security assurance team? They have the phone number 844-335-871 or 888-565-4329?