Community Forum

Re: Extremely frustrated with Xfinity mobile and it's customer service.

Highlighted
New Poster

You are not alone! I spent the past 5 hours in an Xfinity store, online and on the phone to "customer service". My tale of woe: Xfinity has been canvassing me actively for months to switch my Internet/TV/Cell bundle to them from another provider. Xfinity promised porting my two cell lines across after installing my TV/Internet. (Bring your own device - as they call it). They managed to port one line across today after declaring that they will be able to port both today and then informed me (after going back into the IT "system") that there is "no way" the other number can be ported across, due to an "algorithm". The Xfinity Mobile manager that this was escalated to said only "engineering" can overide the "algorithm" to make another Xfinity Mobile line eligible and that "engineering" is backed up and can't help in any case. So now I have one mobile line with my previous provider and one line with Xfinity, paying both companies. Because I have a TV/Internet/Cell bundle with the other provider, I can't cancel that until Xfinity allow another line. All this in spite of many printed and verbal assurances from Xfinity that I will have up to 5 mobile lines. So now I have an unburied Xfinity cable on my lawn (don't know when that will be taken care of either), two service providers and a combined bill for $500 per month between the two providers. All Xfinity employees (9+ in total today) blamed the "system" and could not answer my question of when I will become eligible for services that were promised to me in their sales pitches.

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

blom, truly sorry to hear about your experience. Let's take a look at the line that needs to be buried and also check on the status of your XFINITY Mobile port. Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number so I can help. 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!