Community Forum

Re: BYOD Not Working

Frequent Visitor

I just got back from the xfinity store with the exact same issue.... Takes my birthday and SSN and bam... I am not allowed to bring my own device. Just like the folks above.

Edit, started my own thread to avoid confusion:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/BYOD-frustration-Any-ideas/td-p/3045199 

Frequent Visitor

hahah good luck dealing with them. they're really friendly, but when it comes down to it they're completley useless (maybe not in every situation but they were for me). although their advertizing their BYOD plan as working, it just isn't and they're 'trying' to create a workaround but they have been for a few weeks now and i haven't heard anything back from them. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

themisters, from my experience with other forum members experiencing the same problem, the issue may be related to a fraud protection on your account. Since BYOD is only handled in the stores, I recommend going back and seeing if they can figure something out for you there. Otherwise, we won't be able to offer this to you until a work around is created. You do also have the option of participating in our trade in program when you order a new phone online. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

Thank you, however, the store keeps pointing fingers in the opposite direction. They state they can not do anything to help if they can not get beyond that screen. They have no information on the cause and have no true path of escalation for these issues. So, if the store says call Xfinity mobile support and Xfinity support says go to the store you really put the customer in an awkward situation. The customer experience is clearly broken. I fully understand I can upgrade or buy a new phone from you guys, however, it that were my intention I would not bring my own device. I don't believe that to be an adequate solution. The answer to a problem that keeps a customer to use a service that is advertised should not spend more money to achieve what should already work. If a workaround needs to be created for the clearly many customers this is affecting it seems that the launch of BYOD is far premature. At this point based on the answers, I have gotten everyone at Xfinity, I am stuck with nothing I can do and no one that can help. To top it off there is no timeline for a proven solution. Whats worst is there is not ticket process to allow me to raise my case and ensure that when a solution is in place I can retry again. 

I know this is not personally your fault but it is an issue with xfinity's service as a whole. Not sure if you have a way to get this concerned to the next person up.

Official Employee

Whats worst is there is not ticket process to allow me to raise my case and ensure that when a solution is in place I can retry again. 

Not entirely true. I can reach out to XFINITY Mobile Tier 2 support to see if they can look into your specific issue. I have done this before for other forum users here with similar issues and haven't gotten a favorable outcome yet, but we can at least try. If you send me your full name and the phone number associated with your residential services in private message, I'll open this ticket for you. 

KenF

Regular Visitor

I ran into the same issue today. Went to a store with sim-free unlokced iphone 6s to port a number to Xfinity Mobile, store verfitied IMEI for phone compatibility, in the process of generating an order, after dob, ssn, some kind of error message. They cannot move forward, told me to call a bunch of xfinity 888/800, those 888/800 then told me to deal it with store. Nobody really knows why the order cannot go through.

Official Employee

zgjj wrote: I ran into the same issue today. Went to a store with sim-free unlokced iphone 6s to port a number to Xfinity Mobile, store verfitied IMEI for phone compatibility, in the process of generating an order, after dob, ssn, some kind of error message. They cannot move forward, told me to call a bunch of xfinity 888/800, those 888/800 then told me to deal it with store. Nobody really knows why the order cannot go through.

I can assist you with finding out why your phone will not with our BYOD process or we can get the issue fixed. Please send me a private message with your full name, IMEI number, and the carrier that your phone is coming over from and we can get started. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

My issue was solved with the help of ComcatAmir.

Official Employee

zgjj wrote: My issue was solved with the help of ComcatAmir.

You're welcome, it was a pleasure assisting you. Have a good day. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

I am trying and pushing this issue for a week now. I got exactly the same issue when the staff at Xfinity store enter my DOB and SSN. It showed the error message in attachment said "cannot complete order in store, additional information is required". The staff open ticket to tier2 (ticket#20719426) since they have no idea how to figure out this issue. I call to technical support and they said my profile is fine at the backend, you should not have any problem to enroll new BYOD. The keep saying that "we cannot do anything with BYOD over the phone, only staff at the store can do. In this case, the staff at the store cannot do anyting as well.

My last attempt is here..... in this forum. I hope someone can help me figure out the situation. I have iPhone6s "unlocked" from AT&T.
018971D9-F9CB-4787-8BFD-C72D0E902BD6.jpeg
Regular Visitor

Same experience here ... exact same error message .... very disappointing