Community Forum

Problems with activation

Regular Visitor

Problems with activation

Received my new phones from XFinity Mobile today 9th-Jan-2018, upon trying to activate them online, received message that there were problems and had to contact Customer Support. The first rep would not help me because my "account" information I provided didn't match what she had. After providing her with my account information multiple times, she was finally able to verify after approximately 15 minutes, but to no resolution other than it could not be resolved in her area and someone would contact me in 24-48 hours. I explained that was insufficient to which she said she would connect me with tech support. 

Now, a full 1 hour in and the person I was transfered to explained he was a manager for the customer support/care and would connect me with "SALES" to activate the 2 new phones. He said it was the sales department that could do this because I did not port my prior numbers from my previous carrier. 

The "SALES" person who answered knew nothing about my problem because the manager was considerate enough to cold transfer me to that area. This rep though stated she was in Customer support/care and not sales, but she could help me. Another 20-30 minutes and she explained the zip code had no available numbers. She took another local zip and said it should go through within 30 minutes. 

An hour later, I called again because the phones were still not activated.The new customer support/care rep explained that zip did not have sufficient numbers and would need to enter another. She chose a zip code almost 200 miles from my home and got the phones to activate on her end. While I was setting the phones up, a voice message explained setup could not be completed and I needed to contact USCellular at 888-944-9400. 

Calling Customer Support/Care again, explaining the new problems, the rep asked me what USCellular did with me while I was on the phone with them. SERIOUSLY?!?!? I DID NOT CALL BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT MY CARRIER! The rep finally took me through a whole series of "troubleshooting" such as removing the sim, doing a hard reboot, resetting to factor default and starting over...all to no avail. 

Final resolution after approximately 5 hours with XFinityMobile, I needed to have a tier 2 operator contact me who would call within 72 hours after confirming my phone number with the carrier I currently have. After explaining my service with this phone would terminate at midnight and I did not want to pay another months service to them while waiting on a phone call from XFinityMobile Tier 2, she suggested I call and "ask to have my service kept open until it is resolved". AGAIN!!!! SERIOUSLY?!?!? 

Frustrated, I wanted to just cancel the service & stay with my current carrier because saving approximately $20 a month is not worth this type of headache. And now I get told I will have a $35 restocking fee per device.

Sad thing...there are too many people that are experiencing activation issues with XFinityMobile based on several other posts on this forum. 

Tags (2)
Official Employee

Re: Problems with activation

RSugden, this is not the experience I wanted for you. I'd like to look into your activation concerns. Please send me a private message with your full name, residential account number and address for help. 

Official Employee

Re: Problems with activation

RSugden, glad we were able to figure this out. Please post again if you need anything else.