Community Forum

Problems I have found with Xfinity mobile so far.

Frequent Visitor

Problems I have found with Xfinity mobile so far.

1.You can only only receive voicemail by calling your voicemail or connected to wifi/data.
2. Data is used to fast. I was on data for 4 minutes(no downloading just a quick search) and 1/10th of data was used.
3. Signal for service is poor. Every place I have been since getting xfinity mobile I have never gotten full bars. Lots of places didn't even give me service at all (downtown Portland Oregon was one place) and not getting a data connection.
4. Xfinity not sending you your alert when your close to your data limit witch they say will alret you.
5. Had to buy a new phone from them even though I had the same model that they sell. The phone I received from them was not of equal quality. Before the phone was even a month old has started having tech problems. I think they went ro the back of the warehouse and gave me one that they needed to get rid of. Also Im paying almost 3 times what the phone is sold for.
5. I was told when I signed up for their protection plan that pocket geek or supposed to have live support it does not.
6. I have to file a claim before getting tech support from my protection plan.
I have only had service for a little over a month. Im sure there will be more. Anyone else have anything to add?

This is a big problem.
My phone keeps connecting to a wifi signal that says (XFINITY) not xfinitywifi. It is a locked signal and requires a password. I have the (connect to xfinity wifi if wifi is not available) turned off. I have clicked on the ssid and tap forget. It will Still connect again after awhile. I have never connected to ANY other protected ssid or any open wifi other than my own. I have also reset my phone completely twice! The problem still continues.
Any have any idea why this F****** XFINITY phone keeps doing this?
1 more problem Im always loosing connection to my own ssid. I have two xfinity android phone's. They both do that. My other devices have no problem at all.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Problems I have found with Xfinity mobile so far.

I'll comment on a few of your concerns. You didn't mention which phone you have, but I'll assume it's not an iPhone.

1. That's not an Xfinity Mobile problem. If I'm not mistaken, any mobile phone needs to be connected to one of those three signals to receive voicemail. Were you previously able to receive voicemail from another provider without connecting to some sort of signal?

2. Some apps use data in the background even if you're not actively using them. Turn on your data saver setting. See #3 at https://www.xfinity.com/hub/mobile/4-cell-phone-settings-you-should-be-using?pc=1

4. You should keep tabs on your data usage yourself through your Xfinity Mobile account or the Xfinity Mobile app.  You're only notified for every 5 GB of shared data used. See https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/221763947/how-do-i-track-data-usage-for-by-the-gig-li...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Mobile-Informed, rightfooted made some good points. 

As far as your signal reception, are you using the pocket geek app? If you are, I can check out your signal concerns through that app. Is your area within our coverage zone? 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/featured/better-matters/?intmcp=INT-SEA-NON-SE-coverage-051614-DE-SR...

Did you have to buy a phone from us because your BYOD device was not compatible? What tech problems are you experiencing?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Add: ordering insurance with original purchase and it somehow never made it into my plan. With autopay I never checked and one time I did I noticed it was missing. No help no fixing. I'm sol if it breaks so I suspended service and locked up phone. XMobile is a trap
Frequent Visitor

I have had three different cell service providers and none of them required me to have to be connected to wifi/data to know if I have a voicemail.
I keep track of my data myself because of course you can't rely on xfinity to to warn you even though the app says it will.
I know apps run in background. I have them disabled or I have denied them permission.
Contributor

I'll just tell you this, if you get the Xfinity Mobile Protection Plan, it's not worth it. YOU DO NOT GET APPLE CARE SERVICES. It's only a year of warranty if the phone has defects, but that's standard with all phones and you do not get a reduced fee for screen fixes whatsoever. I had to get AppleCare+ (another 10 dollars) just to get that. So just be aware.