Community Forum

Problem trying to return a phone

New Poster

Problem trying to return a phone

My problem would be simple for any other company, but apparently not for Xfinity Mobile.  I was in a store to purchase a new Iphone 8.  The clerk charged my credit card then opened the box and it was the incorrect color.  I asked her to change it and she tried but I was getting a restocking fee.  Well, it took me a week of calls and visits to get that charge credited.  

Then, when I tried to get the right color phone the system indicated that I couldn't return a second phone within a 30 day period.   I never returned the phone and I've been calling and visiting the store but they can't do this simple exchange.  

The stores and corporate offices seem to be on different systems, and there is total lack of coordination.  All I want is different color phone, how can that be difficult?  The store have them in stock but can't give it to me. Calling customer care is useless.  Totally baffling.  

Contributor

Re: Problem trying to return a phone

(I hope by the time you read this your issue would have been resolved.)

Having dealt with a somewhat similar issue - I humbly offer this: 

XM is a relatively new XFINITY division doing its best getting up to speed in training, mobile technology and laying out procedures to provide better customer service.  It looks like some XM support folks have more authority to correct issues than others, probably because of the level of knowledge,  plus there are walls between customer support departments, probably because of regulations and stringent internal controls to protect both Customers and Company.

Unfortunately customers might experience frustration and waste of time when returning or exchanging a device.  It's not like dealing with your "liberal returns policy" store,  There should be improvements at XM with time.

My advice IF you have not started a return/exchange process yet, consider a colored iPhone X Protector Case, it might be much easier solution.

If you started a return/exchange process and a support person is helping you, MAKE SURE resolution is well documented in your account, to ensure resolution will get carried through their computer system.

New Poster

Thanks for your input. 

Official Employee

RB1617, I just need a bit of clarity. You purchased the phone and rep brought out the wrong color. A restocking fee was charge but has since been credited. 

But you still have the incorrect color. Is that correct? Was the manager involved in the transaction to replace the device? Was a ticket opened for your issue?