Community Forum

Porting number from Verizon

Highlighted
New Poster

Porting number from Verizon

I received a new phone today and attempted to port over my number from Verizon. On my account, it says that the number is active but I can't make any calls and my phone has a message saying "Phone inactive."

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Porting number from Verizon

Hello aclaspy,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us through the Xfinity Forum.  Rest assured that we are here to help.

In case your port remains incomplete, was your number active with Verizon when you created the port order?  Inactive numbers won’t port, but if that was not the case, and your number was active, then I’ll need to investigate the account and the order to find out why the port has not completed.

When you get an opportunity, you can send me a private message by clicking on my name ComcastChrisL.  From the profile page you’ll see a blue ‘send message’ button.  Please include your first and last name, the full service address, the mobile number, and the last 4 digits od the stored payment method on file.

After I authenticate the account, I’ll research this further.  Thanks again for your time, and patience.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!