Community Forum

Porting iPhone: IMEI already in active in Xfinity System

New Poster

Porting iPhone: IMEI already in active in Xfinity System

Before I moved my 2 iphones over to Xfinity, I inserted my sisters Xfinity Sim from her Android to my 2nd iphone.  Download speed was fine; Verified my phone was unlocked.  One port went fine, but the other port gives error that the IMEI is already active in Xfinity system.  First was told it's associated with my sister's account.  Did the network resets with the correct SIMs, same error. Escalated to Tier 2; waited a few days.  Called Xfinity; Tier 3 said my phone is locked; told to unlock phone. But it is unlocked because I can put my SIM from the first iphone I ported into the 2nd phone, and 2nd phone works fine via Xfinity mobile cellular.  Called Xfinity again.  Told to verify with Apple that it is not locked.  Apple confirmed not locked.  Did the whole Setup as New and Restored.  Did the network resets twice with waits inbetween. Called Xfinity again.  Attempted port; error that IMEI is active but this time to an account NOT associated with my sister.  Asked what alternatives I have at this point:  None, except to Escalate to tier 2...which is where it has been since Wednesday.  At this point, should I just port both my phones back to my previous carrier?  There seems to be no solution once the IMEI is already in the Xfinity system.

Contributor

Re: Porting iPhone: IMEI already in active in Xfinity System

Just an FYI, SIMs that came with the Androids are meant to STAY on the Androids. They're not meant to transfer from phone to phone to phone as it's not what it's for.
New Poster

Yeah, I know that now! And it also doesn't work to use their SIM to test/confirm whether a non-xfinity phone is carrier unlocked, though I had not had a problem doing this with any other carriers, as long as you had stayed CDMA with CDMA and GSM with GSM. In fact, when you google how to unlock a phone, one of the confirmation method usually includes, "try putting a SIM from a different carrier into the phone." But that shouldn't be tried with Xfinity mobile.
Official Employee

itsbeenrough, thanks for posting about your porting issues. Let's check on your ticket. Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number so I can provide you with an update. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Umm that's the whole point of a Sim card to transfer easily to a new device. I have used my Xfinity sim in several unlocked devices. A couple features do not work as they didn't have xfinity software. But the core of the phone worked data call and text. I work on phones for a hobby. I was a moderator on XDA developers. I rebuild phones as well as software. Am quite fluent with the whole setup