Community Forum

Porting from Verizon - STILL NOT WORKING

Regular Visitor

Porting from Verizon - STILL NOT WORKING

Hi all. I went to an Xfinity store on December 26th to switch to Xfinity Mobile from Verizon Wireless. I brought my device (iPhone X), gave all correct Verizon account info to rep to have my existing phone number ported, and signed up for the Xfinity Mobile $45 unlimited plan. Rep told me it usually takes anywhere from 3-10 minutes to successfully port over a number and have a working phone. Needless to say, a half hour goes by at the store so the rep calls Tier 2 tech support and they tell him that it should complete by 4:30 PM on December 26th.

4:30 PM rolls around and my phone still isn't working. I found a phone number for the Verizon Wireless port out department so I called them. They advised me that the number successfully ported out from them at 4:36 PM on December 26th. I can confirm this is true because I no longer have access to My Verizon account through the app or web browser. I've been on the phone with Xfinity Mobile very often and now they're telling me it can take 24-72 hours for the number to fully port. This is extremely frustrating as I haven't had a working phone since noon on December 26th. Xfinity Mobile stated that this has been forwarded to their Tier 3 department. Can someone please fix whatever needs to be fixed so I can have a functional phone again. I am extremely agitated!!!!!

Expert

Re: Porting from Verizon - STILL NOT WORKING

@MTPG13 wrote:

Hi all. I went to an Xfinity store on December 26th to switch to Xfinity Mobile from Verizon Wireless. I brought my device (iPhone X), gave all correct Verizon account info to rep to have my existing phone number ported, and signed up for the Xfinity Mobile $45 unlimited plan. Rep told me it usually takes anywhere from 3-10 minutes to successfully port over a number and have a working phone. Needless to say, a half hour goes by at the store so the rep calls Tier 2 tech support and they tell him that it should complete by 4:30 PM on December 26th.

4:30 PM rolls around and my phone still isn't working. I found a phone number for the Verizon Wireless port out department so I called them. They advised me that the number successfully ported out from them at 4:36 PM on December 26th. I can confirm this is true because I no longer have access to My Verizon account through the app or web browser. I've been on the phone with Xfinity Mobile very often and now they're telling me it can take 24-72 hours for the number to fully port. This is extremely frustrating as I haven't had a working phone since noon on December 26th. Xfinity Mobile stated that this has been forwarded to their Tier 3 department. Can someone please fix whatever needs to be fixed so I can have a functional phone again. I am extremely agitated!!!!!

Is your phone unlocked?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Porting from Verizon - STILL NOT WORKING

Yes, all Verizon iPhones at that time came unlocked.