Community Forum

Porting an existing xfinity mobile line from one account to another

New Poster

Porting an existing xfinity mobile line from one account to another

I have a mobile line that belongs to my friend's xfinity mobile account, who has recently cancelled her xfinity internet service. I know that without an active xfinity internet service, there is now $10 line access fee.

Apparently I don't want to pay the line access fee, and since I have an active xfinity internet service under my own account, I'm trying to port the line from her xfinity mobile account into mine. 

This looks like a very straightforward process to me, and I was told by xfinity mobile support via chat that there would be no problem getting the line ported to my xfinity mobile account. However, when I called xfinity mobile support to do it, she did not know how to do it. I have even visited a local xfinity store, and couldn't find anyone who could help me.

Is it possible to port a line from one xfinity mobile account to another? If so, who can help me do it?

Tags (3)
Valued Contributor

Re: Porting an existing xfinity mobile line from one account to another

It's not possible to transfer a line from one Xfinity mobile account to another according to the following official response back in May 2018.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/Moving-phone-from-one-XFINITY-Mobile-account-to-another...

@Xephris wrote:

I have a mobile line that belongs to my friend's xfinity mobile account, who has recently cancelled her xfinity internet service. I know that without an active xfinity internet service, there is now $10 line access fee.

Apparently I don't want to pay the line access fee, and since I have an active xfinity internet service under my own account, I'm trying to port the line from her xfinity mobile account into mine. 

This looks like a very straightforward process to me, and I was told by xfinity mobile support via chat that there would be no problem getting the line ported to my xfinity mobile account. However, when I called xfinity mobile support to do it, she did not know how to do it. I have even visited a local xfinity store, and couldn't find anyone who could help me.

Is it possible to port a line from one xfinity mobile account to another? If so, who can help me do it?