Community Forum

Poor customer service—unable to unlock

Highlighted
New Poster

Poor customer service—unable to unlock

I recently upgraded devices at an xfinity store. I paid the balance on two iPhone 8’s (which I planned on giving to my kids) and signed up to lease two new phones. I was told by the associate that this would be no problem.

I sent in an unlock request on the iPhone 8’s and it was denied because they need a month of billing to go by to prove that I own them. Mind you, I have receipts and xfinity has records of me owning the phones in their system. I went back to the store and was told there was nothing they could do.

Can somebody help me get my phones unlocked? I’d greatly appreciate it!
Valued Contributor

Re: Poor customer service—unable to unlock

@mmccoll wrote:
I recently upgraded devices at an xfinity store. I paid the balance on two iPhone 8’s (which I planned on giving to my kids) and signed up to lease two new phones. I was told by the associate that this would be no problem.

I sent in an unlock request on the iPhone 8’s and it was denied because they need a month of billing to go by to prove that I own them. Mind you, I have receipts and xfinity has records of me owning the phones in their system. I went back to the store and was told there was nothing they could do.

Can somebody help me get my phones unlocked? I’d greatly appreciate it!

I do not think there is any other way other than submitting the unlock request after your first month bill.  Just wait until the bill,  pay whatever is due on the bill and then submit the unlock request following the steps identified in this article - https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/unlock-mobile-device