Community Forum

Please convince me to switch to Xfinity mobile

Contributor

Please convince me to switch to Xfinity mobile

Based on last the past 12 months of the data I used with our two current Verizon phones, I would have saved $462 over that time being on the pay per gig play with XM.  Seems like a no brainer to switch, right?  It is even time to upgrade our phones so I don't know mind buying them there.  But why am I hesitating?  I hate reading all the bad things in this forum.  AHHHHH this is so frustating!  Come on guys.. convince me one way or another Smiley Happy  I probably need to make a decision by tomorrow to take advantage of that $200 iphone gift card.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Please convince me to switch to Xfinity mobile

@D-manwrote:

Based on last the past 12 months of the data I used with our two current Verizon phones, I would have saved $462 over that time being on the pay per gig play with XM.  Seems like a no brainer to switch, right?  It is even time to upgrade our phones so I don't know mind buying them there.  But why am I hesitating?  I hate reading all the bad things in this forum.  AHHHHH this is so frustating!  Come on guys.. convince me one way or another Smiley Happy  I probably need to make a decision by tomorrow to take advantage of that $200 iphone gift card.

Oh sure, we convince you, then when things go wong you'll blame us. No thanks.

Contributor

Oh come on, I am not like that!  I guess I just want to hear more good stories than just bad ones!  At the very worst, if I port one line to XM and buy the phone there and it is a total disaster, I can always move that phone back to Verizon once I pay it off, right?

Bronze Problem Solver

@D-manwrote:

Oh come on, I am not like that!  I guess I just want to hear more good stories than just bad ones!  At the very worst, if I port one line to XM and buy the phone there and it is a total disaster, I can always move that phone back to Verizon once I pay it off, right?

If you've read this forum, thats not the very worst. One example: you could order a phone, get it, it doesn't work, you send it back and comcast grades it as a C return and charge you about 75% of the price for the returned phone.

Regular Contributor

Or you could get what you ordered, on time & set it up trouble free with Wi-Fi calling woking and visual voice mail, like me. Yes what you read on here could happen but  doing it at  the Xfinity store might cut down your chance of that.

Regular Visitor

Don't even try; it appears that my experience is not unusual. You will spend hours and hours trying to get the service, and then it likely won't work

Contributor

I bought two phones, received them, activated them and have been using them for over 6 months.. No issues at all..  I don't have wifi calling (android phones), but it is not an issue for me and if it was I would just use hangouts and google voice. 

Contributor

I bought 2 iPhone X and haven’t had any issues with anything! Everything was smooth sailing for me but that’s just me lol.I would recommend XM just because the price savings alone!
Highlighted
Contributor

I have been a XM customer since November.  I haven’t had any problems with my iPhone or service with Xfinity.  I only use the iPhone for talk and text.  I am on the by-the-gig plan and have not yet exceeded my monthly allowance.  So my billing is only for the monthly price of the iPhone SE and taxes.  The monthly taxes are in the neighborhood of $2.20 and $14.59 for the SE.  Hope this helps you.  The only thing that I would like to see is real time data usage so that you know how much data you’re using.

Contributor

I switched two weeks ago. Two phones brought over from Verizon. iPhone 6S and iPhone SE. Did the switch at a store. Numbers ported easily. Phones worked. Only issue was WiFi calling did not work but that has been resolved. Everything works the same as it did under Verizon. Bill will drop from from $90 a month to less than $15. Savings over a year will pay for a new device. What’s not to like?

New Poster

We switched two weeks ago and have been pretty happy so far.  I have the unlimited plan and my husband has the $12 per gig plan. We haven’t noticed any issues in our daily use and use it around our town a lot. I love having unlimited again since I like to stream music in the car.  We brought our own phones and it was a simple process to replace the SIM cards. Of course, we just took them to our local Xfinity mobile store and let him do the work.  Love the idea of lower cell phone bills!

Contributor

Actually you guys may have convinced me in another way. My wife has the iPhone 6 and says it still works fine. It's in good shape and not cracked or anything. We were just going to get an iPhone 8 because of the $200 gift card but now I'm thinking of just moving that phone over now and really saving a lot without the phone payment. I guess the only downside is missing out on a deal or rebate when she finally upgrades, but if she's happy with, it might be a good idea. I don't see a huge difference between the two phones anyways. Thanks for the replies.