Community Forum

Phones not in stock?!

Frequent Visitor

Phones not in stock?!

I'm trying to purchase two iPhones, 8 Plus, 64gb, Space Gray.  They've been listed as 'out of stock' for weeks on the website, and I've been to two different Xfinity stores that didn't have them in stock.  Nobody can tell me when these phones will again be available or how I can go about getting what I'm trying to buy.  It almost seems like the ordering process is, 'whatever shows up, shows up, we can't control it'.

My current contract with a different provider is ending in a week, and I don't want to extend into another deal with them.  I would prefer to bring my business to Xfinity, but that doesn't seem to be working too well.

I don't want a different device, I don't want to bring my own device.  I know exactly what I want and it's listed on the xfinity mobile website.  Only nobody in the stores or online can tell me when, or if, they'll be available again.

Does anyone here have any additional, constructive, insight? 

Official Employee

Re: Phones not in stock?!

Hi jswan2014, thank you for reaching out here on the Xfinity Forums. Unfortunately, I dont have a date on when iPhone  8 Plus, 64gb in Space Gray will be available. The only thing I could recommend is keep checking in periodically on our website for availability.

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

If you can't tell me when the devices will be available, can you at least tell me who to contact that would have that information?  For a high-value item like this, as well as the contractual requirements, answers like "we're working on it", "I don't know", or "check again later" really aren't acceptable.

Frequent Visitor

Don't know how this ended up being 'answered' or how there's a 'best answer', your response didn't tell me anything.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi jswan2014, the information that ComcastPhil provided is correct and the best answer that we can give at this time. There is no specific department to speak with that would have this answer, please check back on our website for any updates. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!