Community Forum

Phone upgrade issues

New Poster

Phone upgrade issues

Tried to upgrade my Galaxy s8+ to a new note 9 and was told there is some error and that they can't do it unless I pay the entire phone off. Representative says he's never seen it say this type of error seeing as i have insurance and it pays for it. So in theory I'm unable to upgrade and nobody seems to understand why
New Poster

Re: Phone upgrade issues

I'm having same issue. Did u ever get your upgrade?
Bronze Problem Solver

@Jayspano wrote:
Tried to upgrade my Galaxy s8+ to a new note 9 and was told there is some error and that they can't do it unless I pay the entire phone off. Representative says he's never seen it say this type of error seeing as i have insurance and it pays for it. So in theory I'm unable to upgrade and nobody seems to understand why

According to xfi support web page you have to have 50% of your phone paid off and upgrade must be done in store.

Source: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/360000818143/how-do-i-upgrade-or-replace-my-device

New Poster

I have the same issue. Some token error when the store is trying to complete the upgrade order. Case open with support but three weeks now and they have zero clue. No workaround.

New Poster

Same issue and have met the payment requirements. It’s some system error with xfinity store POS system. 

New Poster

I’ve had the same issue, I paid off my iPhone x in full (10 months early) wanted to upgrade to a new iPhone XS Max. Go through the ordering process to add new device and then it says we’ve experienced some technical issues. I’ve spoken to support 5 times and they say it’s higher up then them and they put a request in and still no answer. I’ve also gone to a store thinking that might be the problem and they have no clue. Has someone gotten an upgrade when this happen or have an answer to why this is happening and when it will be resolved? I’m getting frustrated with this.
Regular Contributor

you  guys  could  cancel  your old  line and  make a new line and upgrade  that way   worth a shot   all you need too do when you  get your new  phone is  too cancel  the old  line