Community Forum

Phone number Porting problem from Tracfone

Highlighted
New Poster

Phone number Porting problem from Tracfone

Hi, hoping someone has had this problem resolved or maybe a warning to others who are trying. Have two phones that needed porting. I started with one number that didn't care if I lost it. The main problem is with Tracfone, after contacting them repeatedly asking for my account numbers all they would say is that it's either the IMEI or MEID and one even said it could be the Serial #.

Well I tried all three with the first phone. This morning I tried chatting with someone, never got a hold of anyone but then the porting magically worked; don't have a clue how. 

So here's the problem: I'm trying to port the number that matters the most but am running into problems. Finally managed to chat with someone (utterly useless) for over 30 minutes and apparently they (or just Jean Marie) can't look up previous porting (so I can look up what account # actually worked) Jean Marie kept asking for my account information which, if I had, wouldn't need to be chatting with anyone. Also Jean Marie said if it's ported incorrectly we'll lose the number....

I feel like porting is being made unncessarily difficult by xfinity mobile. 

Most Valued Poster

Re: Phone number Porting problem from Tracfone

Porting a number from Tracfone has always been a first class Charlie Foxtrot.  No one that I have ever heard of either personally or on the internet including Tracfone themselves know what number to use in lieu of an account number.  My experience with Tracfone CSR's has never been good.  Right up there with Cricket.  ATT Moblile was a huge help and my number ported very quickly.  

Valued Contributor

Have you tried calling Tracfone's executive resolution department? Here's a tip from another forum. 

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1872458-Anyone-have-tips-for-getting-refund-from-Tracfone

Call during Miami business hours, and confirm you are actually speaking to someone physically located in Miami at the beginning of the conversation

​ 1-800-876-5753 M–F, 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM Eastern - Executive Resolution Dept, Corporate Office: dial 1,1,6,1

New Poster

Thank you. I will definitely give this try, I'm trying once more with xfinity mobile chat but if it's unsuccessful I'll be callingTracfone. 

New Poster

That just seems so crazy, and makes me think twice if I ever decide to switch back. From a customer satisfaction standpoint if the account number was readily available would be a better business decision, curious what there reasoning is for withholding. 

Most Valued Poster

My wife decided to leave TracFone and back order a X Charge that is supposed to ship on 15 September.  She was told on the web site porting her number was a no no and to contact customer service to start the long grind of fighting over a phone number.  She decided to just get a new number and move on.  Kind of s**ks, in this day and age of computer everything it would be so difficult to simply port a number.  This isn't rocket science here, it is just cell phones for crying out loud.  I guess if she is not upset, I shouldn't be either.  It is just she has had the number for close to 13 years.  

Problem Solver

Hi SunnyRadGal,
Very nice post it should help others.
Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Official Employee

Hello, 2sickofthis. The information for locating your account information from TracFone (available here) is as follows:

• Account number: Your TracFone account number may be the MEID or IMEI serial number on your phone or the last 15 digits of your BYOP SIM card.
  • Account PIN: Your PIN is typically the last four digits of your phone number or SIM ID. It can be found on the profile page of your online account. If no PIN is listed, create one prior to porting your number.

Please let me know if you're still experiencing any issues porting over your number from them.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!