Community Forum

Phone Insurance - Horrible Policy and Service

New Poster

Phone Insurance - Horrible Policy and Service

Very upset with Xfinity Mobile right now! When i purchased my phone that didn't offer insurance. Called into the customer service a while ago and they told me you can add it at anytime, but i would have to go to a store to do it. Took time off work to go to the store and they told me they couldn't, and i should call customer service back. They didn't even try to help me get it resolved. Called customer service again and they said they just got word you can add it within 30 days of purchase, but prior to that you had to do it at time of purchase. Because i purchased my phone more than 30 days ago, I'm not eligible. I explained to her they didn't offer insurance when i purchased the phone. I referenced a tweet from Xfinity weeks after i purchased my phone stating insurance was coming. They said there was nothing they could do. Now I have a cracked screen on my S8 and no way to get it fixed without paying $400+. I think its really poor service that Xfinity wont let customers who immediately switched to their service out of loyalty when they first started, add insurance like new customers. At his point i'd be better served by switching to another carrier and letting them pay off my phone. Most carriers will pay off your phone if you switch and get a new one with them.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Phone Insurance - Horrible Policy and Service

This is why I am getting a new credit card to use to pay my Xfinity Mobile bill and they will cover up to (I think) 4 phones up to $600 each just for using the card to pay your monthly mobile bill. No extra cost.

Official Employee

rcsmith-moore, I understand your frustrations. Customers who had service prior to the insurance program were given a period of time to enroll. Once that date passed, we could no longer offer insurance to existing lines. 

The S8 is still a pretty new device so some 3rd party retailers may be offering other options to replacing the screen. This might void the warranty, so you can go through Samsung's repair services (if you haven't reached out to them already). 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

They Will do anything for a buck!
New Poster

I don't see an issue.  Insurance wasn't available, yet you bought the phone anyway.  It allegedly was available up to 30 days after purchase, yet you didn't procur the insurance during that time.  Now the screen is cracked and you're trying to 'retro-activate' insurance so you can fix your phone that is now broken 'after' you hoped to buy insurance.    Seems to me xfinity is only protecting themselves from insurance fraud.

Diamond Problem Solver

18 month old thread closed

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!