Community Forum

Personal hotspot/tethering on iPhone

Contributor

Re: Personal hotspot/tethering on iPhone

Here is my most recent communication from XM via text.

“Thank you for the information. As per checking on the ticket, it was escalated to tier 3 due to known issue about the personal hot spots. At this time, we do not have yet the estimated time up until when this issue occurs but our engineering are already working on this. ” 👎😓
New Poster

I’ve had my cell for about 2 months and the personal hotspot worked fine then all of a sudden it wouldn’t work anymore! It sends me to a non existent web page and I’m am so over Comcast! I am about to go back to Verizon and just take a loss on the money! I’ve called numerous times with no help or call backs whatsoever! Over COMCAST!
Tags (1)
Contributor

Indeed. This is quite frustrating
Frequent Visitor

I'll put in a ticket for tier 2 or 3 = Nothing will be done and I'm just trying to get you off the phone so I can hit my customer quota.

Contributor

Good luck. I’ve been waiting over a week for my tier 3 solution.
New Poster

I e been waiting 3 weeks for mine!! I’ve called numerous times! They always tell me someone will call me back but they never do! I don’t know why imI switched from Verizon!! Stupid mistake!
Contributor

Same here👎😩
New Poster

@hoits200...You’re not a xfinity employee you’re an xxxx with time on his hands! Go back to bed!
Frequent Visitor

Personal hotspot option is there for me now, just appeared.
Contributor

Was it not working before? Or was personal hotspot active when you purchase your device from Xfinity mobile?
Frequent Visitor

No, option was not there, just the dead link.
Regular Contributor

@Threezees214 wrote:
No, option was not there, just the dead link.

I just tried swapping out the XM sim from my LG X Charge into my Apple direct iPhone 7 Plus: no luck on my side. Still shows the same pop up that says visit XM support to turn it on. 

Yes, I powered down both phones before the swap and turned them back on after the swap. 

Contributor

Did customer support assist you or did the function just activated self??
Frequent Visitor

I had a T2 ticket in for two weeks, never heard back. But I do indeed have the unlimited plan and now the option is below Cellular. So at least a SIM swap is not necessary. I did not receive any OTA notification or anything, just showed up.
A68795B3-C724-4428-A844-F5BBBC05FE0D.png
Contributor

I understand. I had a tier 3 ticket with no response but fortunately my hotspot just activated as well. I turn my phone off and rebooted and the personal hotspot function was finally active. YIPEE!!🙏🏽🎊
Regular Contributor

@ksmusa wrote:
I understand. I had a tier 3 ticket with no response but fortunately my hotspot just activated as well. I turn my phone off and rebooted and the personal hotspot function was finally active. YIPEE!!🙏🏽🎊

Congrats to you both: Threezees214 & ksmusa. Wonder if iPhones not purchased directly with XM will start to work too. 

Regular Contributor

@Threezees214 wrote:
I had a T2 ticket in for two weeks, never heard back. But I do indeed have the unlimited plan and now the option is below Cellular. So at least a SIM swap is not necessary. I did not receive any OTA notification or anything, just showed up.

Threezees214, did you purchase your iPhone from XM or did you bring it over from another provider/Apple?

Frequent Visitor

It was purchased online directly from XM.
Contributor

I purchased my iPhone 7 Plus from XM.
New Poster

Hey my personal hotspot just started to work.  I called them today to tell them they can have their phones back and they fix my problem. This company has very poor technical service just like it's cable internet tv division. Good luck everyone!

Contributor

Congratulations!!

a.gif

Contributor

mine still links me to the site that doesn't work :/ 

Contributor

You might want to try resetting your network settings. Just a suggestion…

New Poster

Mine too! About to leave Comcast and go back to Verizon.
New Poster

I have it doesn’t work. Comcast is horrible and I’m almost done with them.
Contributor

@ksmusa wrote:

You might want to try resetting your network settings. Just a suggestion…

Just tried and rebooted, also tried turning wifi on and off and some random other stuff

hopefully it starts working, glad others have success, maybe a fix is rolling out on comcasts end

thanks to all reporting their updates 

New Poster

I’ve tried to research an answer as I believe it’s related to the iOS 11 update. I had hotspot service prior to the update but now I don’t. My wife hasn’t updated and I can still hotspot on her phone. XMMobile please hurry with a carrier update to work with the new iOS.
Frequent Visitor

Yeah, so while I have the hotspot option finally showing up, it does not work.  It gives an APIPA IP address which, while devices can connect, they are unable to do anything.  When I get some more time, I'll give Comcast another call to see what's going on.

New Poster

Mine just started working again! It’s amazing! I still hate Comcast and their poor tech support!
Contributor

just an update, this morning the personal hotspot option now shows up and I can turn it on without problems, I have not tested it yet but everything looks as it should 

this was after sending a message to ComcastKenF and a few days of waiting

Contributor

Congrats!!!

celebrate.gif

New Poster

After finally getting through to support on chat, they took my info and it’s now working! Thanks.
Regular Visitor

Same exact thing free!! XFINITY is the worst decision I have ever made wheen it comes to phones. Over a month no hotspot and over a week with tier 2 ticket and nothing! I am talking with my attorney about options since technically they are guilty of false advertising at the very least
Official Employee

Hello All, 

We rolled out a patch a few weeks ago that corrected the iPhone hotspot issue. It has been brought to my knowledge on the forums that there are a few customers who are still unable to activate the feature. As long as your iPhone product was purchased via XFINITY Mobile, that feature should be available on the back end for us to reapply if it is not active on our end (for whatever reason). Please reach out to me if you need an update on a ticket or if you'd like me to look into your hotspot concerns. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Thank you Kenny!

KudosGuy2.pngpositive-reinforcement-great-job.jpg

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

I'm still having this problem with my iphone x put a tier 2 ticket in but no response

Contributor

@sean0920 wrote:

I'm still having this problem with my iphone x put a tier 2 ticket in but no response

Finally resolved for me after a few weeks. 

Regular Visitor

It isn’t just new iPhone 7. I have an iPhone 6s+ and it’s doing the same thing. It’s very frustrating.
Official Employee

sean0920 and disneynerd85: I've gotten your private messages and I'll respond there. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee
Moved: