Community Forum

Paid off phone and xfinity won't unlock the phone. Customer Service lied!

Frequent Visitor

Paid off phone and xfinity won't unlock the phone. Customer Service lied!

I recently bought an iPhone SE via Xfinity and I contacted support to see if I can unlock it since I need to occasional swap sims. They told me I could and I went ahead and paid for my phone. I then submitted an unlock request and it was denied. I called in to talk to a customer service rep and they said I have to activate it for at least 50 days but since the previous rep told me I could unlock it, they will make an exception. Behold, I was denied again. 

If I can't unlock the phone, I want my phone to be placed back on the payment plan and then I will pay it off when I can request an unlock code. 

Official Employee

Re: Paid off phone and xfinity won't unlock the phone. Customer Service lied!

zzzrawr, your device must be on your account and active for one billing cycle before you can be approved for an unlock. 

Here are the full details for eliginbilty: 

• Xfinity Mobile device must complete at least one billing cycle and show successful payment capture from the billing cycle before the device can be unlocked.
  • If the customer is enrolled in a Device Payment Plan (DPP), they must pay off the device in full before Xfinity Mobile can unlock it.
  • Customer's account must be in good standing.
  • Customer does not currently have an RMA issued on the device.
  • Device cannot be reported lost, stolen or involved in fraudulent activity.
  • If an RMA has been submitted for a device, only the replacement device can be unlocked. The original device that is to be returned cannot be unlocked.
  • Devices paid in full (either one-time payment or completion of DPP payments) are eligible to be unlocked upon request.
Frequent Visitor

Never mind I’ll just unlock it in a month. Definitely not keeping service after my contract is up.
Official Employee

zzzrawr, I understand. I am unable to accommodate that on the forums, unfortunately. I haven't heard of that being done, specifically, but I would recommend calling XFINITY Mobile to see if they can make that accommodation. 

KenF