Community Forum

Outrageous taxes

Regular Visitor

Outrageous taxes

I ported 3 lines to Xfinity last month. Used 200 Mb by mistake and i was expecting $12+ Max $2 taxes. However, I received an email today morning with $21.03. When i called customer care they told me there was 911 tax of $4 and some other taxes i never heard of. I feel betrayed and soon i will be porting out from Xfinity. Dose someone else also had same experience? 

Valued Contributor

Re: Outrageous taxes

Judging from the following post, the amount of tax you are charged for does not seem to be too out of line. After your monthly XM charge is automatically deducted from your credit card, you will get some of it back in about 7 days on your main Xfinity account; that's the credit of the tax charged on the waived line fee.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/How-Xfinity-Mobile-calculates-sales-tax/td-p/3113708

@Aadi135 wrote:

I ported 3 lines to Xfinity last month. Used 200 Mb by mistake and i was expecting $12+ Max $2 taxes. However, I received an email today morning with $21.03. When i called customer care they told me there was 911 tax of $4 and some other taxes i never heard of. I feel betrayed and soon i will be porting out from Xfinity. Dose someone else also had same experience? 

Regular Visitor

Re: Outrageous taxes

Thank you for your response. I really appreciate it. I will wait then.