Community Forum

Order for phones placed in store now they are threatening to cancel it

Regular Visitor

Order for phones placed in store now they are threatening to cancel it

I ordered 2 new samsung phones on saturday march 3rd in an xfinity store. The rep verified who I was and placed the pre-order for the phones. Now i have recieved a request for me to transmit a copy of a govt issued ID and a copy of a credit card bill or utility bill ( of course a copy of my comcast bill doesn't count ). I don't feel comfortable sharing this information over the internet . I have had service with comcast for decades. I also was present in the store. If additional information was required, that was the time to ask for it. After speaking to customer service, they tell me there is no other way to supply the information requested other than a somewhat questionable link in an e-mail. Are there other options, or do I have to cancel the order.

Official Employee

Re: Order for phones placed in store now they are threatening to cancel it

robo7425, usually we do not need these items unless your order is in a manual review. I'll double check. If it is, we have a department that can walk you through those steps. Please send me a private message with your full name and the phone number associated with your residential account for help.