Community Forum

Once your phone is up and working, are you happy?

Contributor

Once your phone is up and working, are you happy?

I read posts in the past about happy customers and was just checking back again.  It seems like most of the negative posts have to do with returning phones, or billing problems.  For those of you that have the service and are using it regularly (whether you had problems obtaining the phone, returns, etc. or not), are you happy?  I don't want this to just be "you get what you pay for" and expect lesser coverage because I actually use the phone a lot to make calls for work and would expect similar coverage as Verizon.  However, I did some calculatoins and based on the previous 12 months of usage, I would have haved over $450 during that time if on this plan.

Contributor

Re: Once your phone is up and working, are you happy?

I’m very satisfied with the service so far! I have Pay for GB that you use only plan!
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity service is fine in my experience. Waited a week for a number to port on one of three lines, but that was when they were selling the LG X for $1 so they got a little backed up. I bought 2 of the LG phones for a buck each, and that was the first time I'd ever bought a phone from any carrier and the only reason I did it was they were so cheap it seemed like a decent gamble. My newest line is a BYOD where I had zero trouble; in and out of the store in 30 minutes and everything works. I would not consider buying a phone from any carrier for more than $1 which avoids all the return/restock/inventory issues that seem to cause folks trouble. If the dollar phone craps out I toss it and that's it. 

Based on all the bad reports I've seen about fraud I would recommend setting a decent password and adding 2 factor authentication on your account. But I suggest that whenever it is available. I came to Xfinity from TMO and I could never get reception in my house and they didn't offer 2FA. Xfinity works fine in the house, and they have 2FA. I'm satisfied and would recommend the service. Coverage for me is certainly better than TMO, but I cannot compare to mainline Verizon since I've never used it. But so far I haven't missed a call and haven't seen a dead spot.

Contributor

Yes Satisfied. My previous service was prepaid talk and text.  By the GIG suits us well!  Services should get better with time as XM matures.

New Poster

My service has been garbage. Switch from ATT with BYOD because it’s “using Verizon” which should mean its “good” and I could save some money.

1) Terrible latency at always >150ms.

2) Speed is 3G era slow and inconsistent. At work, full bars LTE, morning = 2-4mbps and afternoon = no data. Home, 2-3 bars LTE, day = 0.5mbps and night = 2mbps.

Call support and only solution was to change sim. Head back to the store, a rep called internal tech support and was told by a person name Cody it’s a known issue. Cody gave me a credit for my trouble and supposedly move it up his chain. Promise to call me next day with updates. Sure, a week later, nothing. This weekend, I am switching out. The only good is my bill should be -$1.00 after credit.
Frequent Visitor

Yes, very satisfied - and I am actually surprised I am saying that about Xfinity (in general, NOT just Mobile). I also started with the $1 XCharge with the thought that if it doesn't work, I'm out a buck and then a couple every month for taxes. Its been a long time coming, finally was able to port my 2 unlocked iPhones over from Sprint, only other thing I was waiting for is WiFi calling and that is now available for iPhone. 3 phones, 2 unlimited iPhones and the XCharge on the gig plan on America's best network for $96 or so a month. Can't beat that, I am finally gone from Sprint after 12 years - they weren't bad (in the SF Bay Area) but not great either. Should save me about $60/mo with better coverage. Now just have to hope XM doesn't decide to raise rates.

Expert

I'm in my fifth month of the service, and very happy with it and the money I've saved. I saved over $20 my first month, and over $30 each of the last three months. Add to that the close to $400 saved because I bought two LG X Charges for only $1 each during the sale.

Tags (1)
Contributor

I am satisfied with Xfinity Mobile.  Have been a customer since November 2017 and besides paying for my iPhone SE $14.59 monthly taxes around $2.20 my bill is $16.80 per month.  I have not had any problems with Xfinity service at all.   Can’t wait to add another line when they offer BYOD for Android phones.

Contributor

Glad to see a lot of positive posts.  Between my wife and me, we average about 4GB per month so that will save a lot going to $48 a month.  She needs a new phone anyways so I might switch her over to Xfinity first and get a new phone with the $200 gift card.  I guess if something goes terribly wrong, at least I can move that phone back to Verizon if needed.  Thanks for all the input.

Regular Contributor

I have a iPhone 5s unlocked and not blacklisted that I could not use for the byod no matter how hard I tried. I have up and gave in and bought the iPhone we through XM. It arrived on time and getting it up and running was a breeze. Everything works fine and it's an iPhone so I won't be sending it back even if I quit XM, I would pay it off and get it unlocked. With the $200 card (when/if it gets here) the SE will only cost me $149. Hopefully the BYOD and XM Customer service will get better with age. Over all I am happy with Xfinity services that I have (excluding the price and not so sneaker charges).

Regular Contributor

This is how I look at it......First and foremost I am NOT cell phone dependent. So as long as I can make and receive a call I am satisfied. I do text and mms frequently and I have not had any problems doing so. Calls are very clear and I have not dropped a call since activated. So with that being said, $2.05 a month for cell service (I am on By the Gig) aint all that bad. My cell service went from $420 a year to $24.60 a year (I have used zero Data since activated)!!

Still having issues with Auto Connecting to the Hotspots but with a few tweaks in Settings I have been able to overcome that obstacle as long as I rember to either reboot my phone once a day or simply turn WIFI Off then back ON before I leave the house and it Auto connects everytime when in range. I dunno why this seems to be an issue but I have gave up on alot of testing that I was doing and learned to deal with it as is. 

I also had to do a return and got caught up in the C Grade restock thingie and was charged $190 for the return. I guess I got lucky though because I called as soon as the charge hit and asked where to send the Videos and Photos of me packaging up a X Charge in pristine condition, the kind gentleman instantly removed the charge and all is well. So I guess it all depends upon who answers the phone when you call in to dispute something. 

Summing it all up....for $2.05 a month I am a Happy Camper!!!!

Contributor

No issues here.. Ordered a LG Charge, got it two days later, activated it and all is well.. Ordered another one a week later for my wife, same story..  I moved over from Tracfone and while I don't save a ton of money, it all helps and I don't have to worry about making sure I buy more minutes.. I recommened the service to serveral friends and they all have similar stories.. I read that Comcast is losing a lot of money on this and I just hope they don't decide to raise rates or just end the service, but I can always go back to tracfone if that happens.. 

Contributor

Some of the fraud complains are coming from people that swapped out their SIM cards to another phone without first contacting Xfinity which they would of told them not to do be cause it would throw their system for a loop and they would get billed for the device. I am happy with the service so far even though I went through my own little tiff time getting my bill straighten out after swapping my SIM into another phone. The coverage is amazing and love having WiFi all over town even though I wish that they would make the signal and speeds a bit stronger on their WiFi hotspot. Guess that's where the 5G revolution will play a roll on that. But otherwise service has been amazing and I would not go back to T-Mobile ever again. P.s. also love the fact that I don't have to cough up a huge down payment for my devices when I upgrade.
Contributor

Yes, it was fine from day one when we received the phones. My bill for 2 iPhone 7 with the warranty and the data I use is never over $90 a month. Which is a $40 savings over Verizon Wiresless with 2 iPhone 5s. I do occasionally have to update a wifi app within the wifi settings so I keep connecting to secure wifi when we are out and about.

Contributor

One month in and no issues! We bought and activated two iPhone X at the Xfinity store, in and out in 45 minutes with working phones.  We are using By The Gig and used less than 2G last month, so our total bull even including the phones payments is $100 less than AT&T. Zero complaints about speed. Averaging 80mS ping, 65M down and 4.5M up whenever I run a speed check with wifi off.