Community Forum

On the Fence About Joining

Contributor

On the Fence About Joining

Id like to take a chance on the low cost service before the promo time runs out for $45 unlimited for 2 years.

Have the shipping issues been cleared up?

Are there any bait and switch fees on the bill?

Can anyone comment on the service in FL and the experience with the Wifi hand-over?

Any features on the S8+ and Iphone 7 not working properly?

Hows the support? Is it typical Comcast?

Frequent Visitor

Re: On the Fence About Joining

All I can say is that we are 3.5 weeks into a voice mail issue and still can get no answers. Just keep getting told it has been escalated to Tier 3 (for the last 2+ weeks). Their customer service makes Comcast look good.

Valued Contributor

I had no problems with shipping and activation of the new phone & SIM. Everything but voicemail works great for me. I have not been able to set up the voicemail because the system didn't recognize the keys I pressed on the dial pad. I submitted a support request and am waiting for the response from XM reps since yesterday. I guess XM tech support does not work on the weekend. 

Contributor

Didn't have  shipping problems, both devices were delivered without delay. One of the iPhone's I've ordered was a refurb which was not properly reset, so it was showing previous usage (3hrs 9mins of talk time) in the Settings. I have to agree with previous poster about their customer support. Cannot comment on billing charges, since I haven't finished my first billing period yet.

-albertr

Frequent Visitor

I am also having the voicemail issue. One of my phones had an error during the porting process. Trying to get in touch with customer service is a VERY long and very painful process. We went with "by the gig". I rarely have come close to 1gb of usage per month in the past. My iPhone shows 64MB of data used, comcast shows .2GB (200 M in just one week. I'm not sure what's going on there. As much as I was excited about paying $12/month for 2 phone lines, I am currently looking at switching to something else.

Contributor

Funny you have mentioned it. I've also noticed billing discrepancies with amount of data used. I hope they will staighten it out soon, otherwise they are opening themselves up to huge liability  risks (does it smell like class-action law suite?).

-albertr

Contributor

does this problem exist with the lower end phones like the x power?

i plan to swap sims with a unlocked s8+ thru samsung.com (bogo +trade in deal)

***Also Comcast rep on the phone just stated that the $45 unlimited promo will actually be the standard past the 31st of July

Valued Contributor

I didn't swap SIM, I've been running the LG X-Power since the day I received it from XM and I've been having the voicemail problem since day 1.

Frequent Visitor

Voicemail issue at 5 1/2 weeks with no resolution, nor any ETA on a resolution.

New Poster

Comcast wrongly charged nearly $7,000 on my account. zI have spent 10 hours over the last week trying to get them to correct it. DO NOT JOIN it has been a nighmare.

New Poster

Two new I phones arrived accordingly. Phone number portability was perfect from existing provider.

The nightmare is there customer service. It is exclusively for mobile customers. You call there number you wait at least an hour( no joke), happened 4-5 different times/days. Ask for a callback where they will hold you in line/place of call, still 1-2 hours Minimum. Try the text option? Same time frame. Chat? Lol.... You got it. Now I do not recieve text messages from my ADT pulse system. ADT claims it's not on there end,it's Xfinity. ADT needs the SMS gateway from Xfinity. No one has it and or won't give it out. It has been days of frustration. Hope this helps

Frequent Visitor

The txt emailing has been solved already. You have to use Verizon's. Tell your ADT to text you to: yournumber@vtext.com

Now, about if to join or not? Don't do it. This has been a fumbled lauch. Not enough reps to help. Porting your number? Be prepared to wait days, I'm still waiting....

Frequent Visitor

Voicemail issue at 6 weeks and one day now. Still told it is a known issue and they are working on it. Yep, over six weeks and no voicemail.

Valued Contributor

Yup! The good thing for me is I can use the XM Voicemail app (Android) to check my voicemail. I can't set up the PIN so working with my voicemail can be done only via the XM Voicemail app. XM reps totally ignored my support request. 

PS: I love running the XM SIM in the BYOD LG V20 US966 that I bought from Amazon.