Community Forum

Number change on existing Xfinity account

New Poster

Number change on existing Xfinity account

This is horrible ive been trying to change my existing Xfinity mobile number an they decided to just order me another phone ???? When i called they said yes we see , ok i didn't order it an my number still is not changed.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Number change on existing Xfinity account

I am having problems also. I was able to reach an escalated service department, which did change my phone number--after about an hour on the phone. However, they ended up giving me a new phone number that is a different area code! When I told them it was not acceptable I was simply told that the computer picks it and there is nothing they can do. I reitereated that I'm not talking about a custom number, but the actual area code. They didn't care. I filed a BBB complaint because nobody wants to address the issue, and I am exploring other service providers. I recommend you consider the same. 

New Poster

Re: Number change on existing Xfinity account

Thats probably a good idea me finding another service, because after 6 calls they still were trying to send me a new phone an all i wanted was a number change, there customer service is garbage an ill be filling a BBB complaint also .