Community Forum

Nov 2017 Go Big rebate offer 500.00 declined. purchased at Roseville Mn store. so far going very p

New Poster

Nov 2017 Go Big rebate offer 500.00 declined. purchased at Roseville Mn store. so far going very p

In November of 2017 we signed up for cell phone service based on a 500.00 rebate. Had to buy a 200.00 LG X Charge. Now the rebate is being declined stating  "Disqualified-Did Not Port New Number". Not sure what that even means, how would I port a new number, assuming port a number means bring in a current number. We were provided a new phone number by xfinity. We bought this at the Xfinity Roseville, mn store. Salesman never mentioned a need to port over a number which is the usual way I've heard the term used. What does it mean to port a new number and how was that not what happened in our situation.

Very irritating situation Xfinity has provided. In essance: we bought the phone from the store because of the 500.00 rebate, they didn't require or mention porting a number, Xfinity mobile cust support says it's not their problem and there's nothing they can do. I returned to the store a couple weeks ago and they said they just submit the paperwork and don't have any access for support. Seems like fraud situation. At very least I'm going to look into small claims court and will probably call the state attorneys office.

Strang thing is My in-laws took advantage of the deal, brother, and son. All got their 500.00 rebate. Just this one is failing.

New Poster

Re: Nov 2017 Go Big rebate offer 500.00 declined. purchased at Roseville Mn store. so far going ve

This also just happened to me got two lines brand new account no one mentioned any porting and now I’m disqualified after meeting the requirements they told me I needed to and no rebate. Did you ever have any luck? Going to see about getting contracts cancelled my my lawyer as this was part of our reason for signing up.
Official Employee

Re: Nov 2017 Go Big rebate offer 500.00 declined. purchased at Roseville Mn store. so far going v...

Yes, porting the number means bringing a number from another carrier to XFINITY Mobile. 

The Go Big Promotion last year ended in September and offered $200 off select devices and brought the LG x charge to $1. 

Audn, did your in laws, brows, and son port their numbers from somewhere else? 

KenF