Community Forum

Note 9 Pie

Frequent Visitor

Re: Note 9 Pie

The bad part about this update deal is no security updates, the google phones are getting the march updates now, we're still on Dec. I came from Google Fi and a Nexus 6P and its a 4 year old phone and it has a Dec secrutiy update on it and still works great by the way! Oh speaking of Android phones a year ago I called Xfinity mobil about porting over my 6P and the guy I talked to said they where working on bring Android phones over and it should only be a few months until they did, well I guess 12 months is considered a few and still no Android phones allowed to be ported over but Iphones no problem....think about that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

I have tried that. There is still no update!

This is very dissapointing!!!

@ComcastJessie 

New Poster

This is the only Pie I am seeing on my Note9.

1382545039107.jpeg

New Poster

Still no pie update. It's the 5th of March now.
Regular Visitor

Exactly what the h is the problem im about to call them?
Frequent Visitor

Calling them will only disappoint you further, I've tried it and someone who doesn't speak good English told me what I already knew which is "when it come you receive notification, you download then" this is literally probably my last straw with them over the last few months it's been one thing after another.
New Poster

As requested, I have tried manually updating through Settings, and am also seeing the same thing as everyone else here: "The latest updates have already been installed. Current Version: N960USQU1ARL1/N960UOYN1ARL1/N960USQU1ARL1       Security patch level: December 1, 2018"

Frequent Visitor

Because periodically Xfinity has someone come on here and blow smoke to make us feel like it's about to happen then it doesn't and they go back to watching us flip out until they lose customers to other providers who already have it. It's gonna be funny getting an update 1 yr after everyone else.
Frequent Visitor

If I go to firmware website and do the whole SD card method will it have any issues once they kick out the actual update or will I just continue living life with no worries, just wanna know if it's worth doing and being done with it.
Frequent Visitor

Hey all 

When was the last time your phone was updated?  I have a sneaky suspision that xfinity stopped updated there note phones as of Dec of 2018 but wanted to see when all you were last updated.

Frequent Visitor

If you go through this thread many people have posted including myself that the last update was Dec 1 2018..hope this helps!

New Poster

I get the anger of not having the update right away, but I believe AT&T was the first carrier in the USA to get Pie on the Note 9. That was 6 days ago, so people flipping out about us not getting it yet, have some patience.

Also, come on Xfinity, get this update to us now!

Frequent Visitor

@BocaProwler wrote:

I get the anger of not having the update right away, but I believe AT&T was the first carrier in the USA to get Pie on the Note 9. That was 6 days ago, so people flipping out about us not getting it yet, have some patience.

I could care less about the Pie update I want my security updates more!

New Poster

@fvbounty wrote:

@BocaProwler wrote:

You should look into getting a Google phone, they update their phones right away. 

Frequent Visitor

@BocaProwler wrote:

@fvbounty wrote:

@BocaProwler wrote:

You should look into getting a Google phone, they update their phones right away. 

I have a Nexus 6P and came from Google Fi to Xfinity Mobil and your absolutely right you do get the upates right away, but I fell in love with Note 9 and was hoping that at least we would get the security updates at least maybe only a month late but its 3 months now?

New Poster

@fvbounty wrote:

@BocaProwler wrote:

@fvbounty wrote:

@BocaProwler wrote:

I have a Nexus 6P and came from Google Fi to Xfinity Mobil and your absolutely right you do get the upates right away, but I fell in love with Note 9 and was hoping that at least we would get the security updates at least maybe only a month late but its 3 months now?

Yeah, that's the price we pay to have the Note, or any non-google phone.

Frequent Visitor

What I've been reading is Verizon is waiting till the 8th to start the roll out so it can help boost interest in buying the S10 which ironically comes out the 8th. Whether that's true is yet to be seen.
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity clearly is not listening to their customers. We must stand firm, there is strength in numbers. If we all bail on them it might get their attention. They are not listening to us and seem to not care about the security of our devices!
New Poster

3/8 still nothing?!
Any updates?
Frequent Visitor

I just side loaded it from sd and it took no time at all, heck with waiting anymore I'm enjoying the update alot already however.
New Poster

I, too, haven't received Pie on my Note 9 (model SM-N960U1) that I purchased directly from Samsung. Word around town is Pie is having some issues with popular features, so many carriers are choosing not to release it until they are fixed. Specifically for the Note 9, and probably the most crucial, it's said that Pie drains the battery 50% faster than usual. The date on the article I got that from was dated March 4th, which is only 4 days earlier than the day I'm typing this. Other than that, the problems have ranged from wifi and bluetooth dropping connections to the whole phone freezing when accessing your contacts.

As a consolation, know that when you do get the update, you'll be receiving the update before me since unlocked OEM phones are always the last to get the firmware. Will any of what I typed make you any less angry? Probably not, but at least it's more of an explanation than you might get if you called or plan on calling about not getting updates. It's not an Xfinity problem though, it's a Google problem.

Frequent Visitor

@NoJS wrote:

I, too, haven't received Pie on my Note 9 (model SM-N960U1) that I purchased directly from Samsung. Word around town is Pie is having some issues with popular features, so many carriers are choosing not to release it until they are fixed. Specifically for the Note 9, and probably the most crucial, it's said that Pie drains the battery 50% faster than usual. The date on the article I got that from was dated March 4th, which is only 4 days earlier than the day I'm typing this. Other than that, the problems have ranged from wifi and bluetooth dropping connections to the whole phone freezing when accessing your contacts.

As a consolation, know that when you do get the update, you'll be receiving the update before me since unlocked OEM phones are always the last to get the firmware. Will any of what I typed make you any less angry? Probably not, but at least it's more of an explanation than you might get if you called or plan on calling about not getting updates. It's not an Xfinity problem though, it's a Google problem.

That’s sounds like that could be the problem, the thing that brothers me more than getting PIE is the security updates (I know I sound like a broken record on this) that’s more important in my book.

Frequent Visitor

When I sideloaded it I received the Feb 2019 security update also. WiFi works fine as does battery in fact battery works better if anything. I like alot of the changes to include Samsungs text interface. The app actions however aren't happening, not sure if that's pixel specific or not which would disappoint me if so.
Regular Visitor

Xfinity - any (real) update ?
Frequent Visitor

<Edited>
Probably best idea right there for an update.

New Poster

Its finally here !!!!! Just updated mine like 10 min ago ..
Frequent Visitor

About time right
Frequent Visitor

Installing now...almost done, like everyone else about time!

New Poster

Anyone with a note8 get the update yet?
Frequent Visitor

So will ota updates still come if I sideloaded from my SD card?
New Poster

Can you share the build number of the pie update please?
Frequent Visitor

HereScreenshot_20190312-104631_Software update.jpg you go!

Frequent Visitor

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=79041119

Post near end of the thread by Mr Orange 645

This file will update you to CSB3. CSB3 is firmware for all carriers. Only use this file if you manually updated to Pie firmware CSAA. Again I repeat, ONLY USE THAT FILE IF YOU MANUALLY UPDATED TO PIE FIRMWARE CSAA.

Worked fine for me.
Screenshot_20190312-191145_Software update.jpg
New Poster

Thanks for the build number!...I'm already on the correct update path, just wanted to make sure, I manually flashed a few weeks ago.... Everyone Enjoy!
Regular Visitor

Mines saying unable to connect to server or service unavailable??????? Smh🥺
New Poster

Disable wifi if it continues or connect to wifi if using cellular. This did it for me.
Frequent Visitor

The original update was supposed to be CSAA. They rolled it out to Sprint and AT&T. They found bugs. Hence the delay and new version CSB3. Do you really want buggy software on your $1000 phone? I don't.
New Poster

I got my update today..
Highlighted
New Poster

FINALLY I got my update 2 days ago. Hope y'all did too!!!