Community Forum

Note 9 Pie

New Poster

Note 9 Pie

Okay, I'm happy that Xfinity Mobile pushed out Android 9.0 to S9 and S9+ users but what about us Note 9 folk? Any ETA on the update for us?
New Poster

Re: Note 9 Pie

I contacted xfinity and Samsung last week. I asked if xfinity had any sort of internal ETA that they had and no one could confirm. One xfinity rep said he found a post online that indicated mid FEB, so who knows.  My Samsung rep said they had sent out the finished pie update to xfinity the week before and to expect it by the end of February at the latest since they didn't know xfinity's internal testing.

A few other carriers just started pushing out the update for the note 9, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it this week or next.

Regular Visitor

Thanks for that info.

A Google search for "Xfinity Mobile Android Pie Note 9"  led me here. :-P

Regular Visitor

Should be soon, as Xfinity was the first to release Pie among all carriers so they had the edge there.
Regular Visitor

Xfinity Mobile needs to step up their update game. I'm getting tired of waiting for the Pie update. This is annoying.
Frequent Visitor

Well it is now February 21st  and still no PIE update for my Note 9 or Note 8, meanwhile my friends with Sprint even Have PIE for the NOTE 9! SMH 

It really seems that Xfinity should stick with Cable TV and perhaps internet.

The mobile phone/device service is second to everyone else. 

Really slow download speeds make me feel embarassed even around friends with Sprint.

Tmobile seems to be blowing everyone away right now as well.

Xfifinty needs to step it up or I am going to step out!

Shame on Xfinity Mobile.

Regular Visitor

I got tired of waiting so I flashed mine and I have Pie and the new One UI. And I love it. My Note 9 is so much faster and the battery life is even better than before.
Regular Visitor

Nice where did you get the image from
https://daymon.myportfolio.com/
Regular Visitor

firmware.science
Official Employee

**Updated 03/11/19**

All,

This continues to be something we are working with are partners on. As soon as any updates are available we will gladly share them on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience. 

**Original Message**

Hi All, 

Thanks for posting about the Pie update to the Note 9. Once the update is ready, it will be pushed out OTA on a rolling basis to remaining eligible devices. Thanks for your patience. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Question is - when the update will be ready ?
New Poster

<Edited> Note 9 outsold the S9 S9 plus. This is A Problem all the Note 9 owners are 3 months behind on the security patches this week? Last update for security was Dec 1 2018. So us note 9 owners are unpatched and at risk. CAN SOMEONE GET THIS OUT THERE. 3 MONTHS BEHIND ON SECURITY ON A 999.99 PHONE? Samsung released Jan 2019 security patch, then Feb 2019 security patch and in a week March 2019 patches. What's the deal? This isn't just about One UI - Pie! Flagship phone hardware running outdated software. Way to Go Xfinity.

Regular Visitor

Hi All, 

Thanks for posting about the Pie update to the Note 9. Once the update is ready, it will be pushed out OTA on a rolling basis to remaining eligible devices. Thanks for your patience. 

KenF

Well, we KNEW (that) much.. hence the reason the thread started....lol

Frequent Visitor

Right like the update is sent to them "ready" I understand it isn't as simple as implied but we just want time frames so we ain't all out here manually asking for updates 6 times a day. And the security patch thing is concerning, you pay a stack for a phone you want it to be secure and safe.
Regular Visitor

@Jayspano

I thought I was the only person that does that...lol!

I check for updates via the settings menu every morning then again at night.. 

Frequent Visitor

Lol no I been doing it all day off and on cause I feel left out without the new update. But by time we get it everyone else will have been over the hype lol I'm excited that the bixby button is going to allow you to change it's action however.
New Poster

We need the update ASAP or at least an acknowledgment of how long it'll take.
Frequent Visitor

Right like how different can it be to release the update for the note 9 if you (Xfinity) were the first to do so on the s9 phone? We're virtually talking about the same phone tbh.
Regular Visitor

This is so sad 1 more day in February still no update this doesn't make sense.
Regular Visitor

Well it's one more day in February and still no update for the Galaxy note 9?????? Can we get some answers because people are getting upset the fact the the s9 got the update and we were told the not 9 was to right after.
Frequent Visitor

So. Xfinity sits on their hands with a critical update to our Note 9 devices leaving our security at risk and feeling very neglected after spending pretty much $1000 for a device to use with their service. What can we do as consumers to tell them we are not pleased other than posting our frustrations on this message board? Let's take it to social media, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. If still no action.... .there is only one thing left to do. Drop them and move to a service provider who listens to their customers and provides the level of service we expect after investing our hard earned money into a device! Tmobile is much better if you live in Atlanta! I know for a fact.
Frequent Visitor

Yet sadly we could all leave them and they would care less I'd think, just look how much they have replied in this message board for starters
New Poster

Wow ty so much just downloaded it works great. Ty Xfinity for nothing!!!!!
Frequent Visitor

You downloaded it? Like ota update or you flashed it?
Regular Visitor

It's downloaded from Google chrome and then you transfer it to an SD card in your phone and install from the boot menu. I originally posted about it. See my post for the site to download the update.
Contributor

Verizon Note 9 has not updated to Pie/OneUI yet and is still on the December security patch, same as XM. The firmware updates are very closely related to each other and although XM updated the S9/S9+ a couple of days before Verizon, in every other case Verizon has pushed out an update XM follows a couple of days later. There must be an issue with the Verizon branded Note 9 and Pie that they are working on and I don't believe XM will update until Verizon gives them the all clear.

The Samsung 9 series and Pie are still very much in the development stage and hopefully Samsung will push out monthly bug fixes to address some of the issues that many S9/S9+ useres are experiencing.

New Poster

Crazy now even older phones are getting the update to remap Bixby and yet we still dont have that or the pie update smh
Frequent Visitor

It's gonna be middle of March by time we even get a potential window of when it'll come smh. These forums are to answer questions so can we get one Xfinity?
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I will be with another carrier by then. Just checked this morning 3/1/19 and still no update. Times up Xfinity! I will post my new carrier here so others will know.
Frequent Visitor

Guess it's samsungs doing, waiting to send to all unlocked phones at the same time so it's holding everything up. It's a Samsung issue not the service provider, none the less Xfinity can still give us some info rather than watch everyone lose sanity. We are so far behind that it ain't funny.
New Poster

Idk what your talking about slow speeds, but my speeds are fast. <Edited>. As far as pie update it's annoying to wait this long for OTA update. Please give us a releasing date Xfinity.

Frequent Visitor

Perhaps seeing is believing? <Edited?

speedtestResults.JPG

Regular Visitor

This is just comical.. guys just wait for or dont. Load the other firmware or dont I did works fine. My speeds are fine. Kids use 30+ gigs of data every month on their lines and no complaints. We will eventually get the "official " update. No worries.
New Poster

Really hating your guts lately. This OTA has been entirely bungled.
Frequent Visitor

I just updated the Bixby app and now you can remap the Bixby button, I have mine to open the camera with one click, 2 clicks for Bixby. Still waiting for a securty update at least and pie would be a plus!

Administrator

All,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have dealt with when attempting to receive the latest Android firmware update. If you still have not seen an automatic download of that firmware, can you please try manually updating your phone by following the directions below. 

1. Navigate to Settings.

2. Tap About device.

3. Tap Download updates manually.

After attempting the manual download, please let us know if you are still not seeing the "Pie" firmware update. Thanks in advance for your patience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Just tried it and it says I have the latest Security Patch level: Dec 1, 2018.... Plus in the settings the manual update is under Software update section of the settings tab.

New Poster

Still not able to download the pie firmware
Frequent Visitor

Still not updating. Smh
Frequent Visitor

Here's a screen shot of my phone...Screenshot_20190304-083512_Software update.jpg

New Poster

Is the update available (for the NOTE9), or are you just telling us to check manually? Checking manually did not find an update, been doing that twice daily for weeks now.

Frequent Visitor

When you guys do get the update can you let me know what firmware version it is? I have a feeling taking the manual update to Pie is going to bite me hard. Firmware CSAA.
Regular Visitor

If anyone did the firmwarescience update you will need to ODIN back down and do the OTA when it becomes official.
Frequent Visitor

Odin what firmware? Oreo? ARJ5?
Contributor

I just want to warn everybody about manually updating - if you haven't done it before and/or don't know what you're doing, DON"T TRY IT. It's certainly not rocket science but if you don't know what you're doing you have a real chance of "bricking" your brand new Note. Also, some carrier features may or may not work anymore on non-official software

As for the suggestion above of manually checking for updates when there's nothing there, that's a typical worthless Xfinity response. If you spin around 5 times and say abracadabra the update will magically appear. Trust me.

Frequent Visitor

Ive been flashing Androids since Android became a thing. Tricky tracking down firmware from XFinity because no one can catch the OTAs or post Odin flashable firmwares. Maybe XFinity needs to fall in line with Samsungs One OTA to rule them all strategy so I dont have to sweat a firmware thats one letter or number off. Im praying the OTA brings you guys CSAA. Its on every single other NA carriers.
Frequent Visitor

Can Xfinity ever get their facts or story straight!
Contributor

Add this to your bookmarks:

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-note9/SM-N960U/CCT/

Although it states unknown, CCT is Comcast/Xfinity firmware. When the Pie update becomes available it will pop up on this page likely before anywhere else. Don't waste time manually updating twice a day, wait until it shows up here.

Frequent Visitor

Thats what I needed. It wont let me hit like but thank you so much! (It let me hit like after I posted this. They have terrible mobile sites and apps....)

You have no idea the lengths I went to to find out their carrier code for firmware. I was ready to stage a sit in at the Xfinity Mobile store. I wasnt even gonna ask here because no one at Comcast/Xfinity Mobile knew or would tell me that little three letter code.
Frequent Visitor

Click settings, about phone, same results...thanks for leaving everyone right where they was before. This update has been an absolute disaster from the get go like we will be a yr beyond it's release date and still be "top tier phone" without it. Pathetic