Community Forum

Not receiving texts on phone except occasionally days after they were sent

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Not receiving texts on phone except occasionally days after they were sent

I just signed up for service and have 3 phones activated as of last night.  My phone is a S7 just like my wifes.  Both were ported numbers from AT&T.  

For some reason, my phone will not receive texts.  I have gotten a couple that have been sent but they were received multiple days later.  Some that I have sent as test messages have not been received and its been longer than the delay for the few that did trickle in all at once.  I can place and receive calls and send texts, but incoming ones do not work.

I am waiting for a Tier 2 person to call, but its been well over a day.  Cell service for me is useless without text messaging.  I am very unhappy with the seeming lack of customer service when I have an outage.

Yes, I have already removed the sim card and reset the phone.  No change.  

ETA: No, I am not coming from an iPhone.  So it is not an iMessage issue either.

Contributor

Re: Not receiving texts on phone except occasionally days after they were sent

Me too. Sometimes hours late!

New Poster

I was having the exact same issue. The fix for me was, on my iPhone, Settings -> Cellular -> Cellular Data Options -> Enable LTE and set it for “Data Only” . 

Regular Visitor

Still absolutely nothing from Tier 2 support, and I still have the problem.

I will occasionally get blasts of text messages in a row that catch up all the ones missing from the last couple of days.  After one of these periods texts seemed to work ok and then they stopped again.  The blasts of legit text messages were always proceeded by a blast of junk looking messages from 60621.  I have no idea what that is, but maybe Tier 2 would if they would ever bother trying to help.

It looks like all you people complaining about cancelled orders are the ones that are better off than the ones who actually get their "service" at this point.  I guess the other $200+ I spend a month for their landline and video services needs to be re-evaluated too.  I have always been pleased with my other services but this has definitely soured me.

Regular Visitor

@mrodmac wrote:

I was having the exact same issue. The fix for me was, on my iPhone, Settings -> Cellular -> Cellular Data Options -> Enable LTE and set it for “Data Only” . 

It looks like they should possibly hire you for Tier 2 support.

Since I didn't have an iPhone I had to look around to see if I could find a similar setting on the S7.  I tried disabling the following settting on my S7...

Applications -> Settings -> Connections ->Mobile Networks ->VoLTE Calling

I immediately got another blast of the 60621 junk messages as I mentioned above, but since then texts seem to be working as they should.  I tried enabling that setting again and sent myself a test message and it didnt arrive until I disabled that setting again.  I want to make sure it works for a few days before declaring victory but thanks for caring more than the people I actually pay for service.

New Poster

I have the S8 and recently none of my texts would send. I kept getting messaged failed with the description Invald. ID

When I googled this I didn't much info but it lead me to your discussion so I tried what you did, disabling the setting. It's worked so far. Hopefully, I won't have to call Xfinity mobile because it is awful trying to get anything accomplished there.