Community Forum

Not receiving short code messages from certain businesses/orgs/companies/banks

New Poster

Not receiving short code messages from certain businesses/orgs/companies/banks

Not receiving short code messages from certain businesses/orgs/companies/banks where as receiving few others. Ported from ATT around 2 weeks back. Called Xfinity mobile; they unblocked premium message blocking; reset network setting on my phone, restarted the phone, removed the sim put it back....still it doesnt help :-(....Anyone else on the same boat?

Regular Contributor

Re: Not receiving short code messages from certain businesses/orgs/companies/banks

Some sources track the carrier you were on when you signed up. You can get around this by going to the problem source deleting your phone number, then re-adding it. Then you may need to reset any alerts you have had.

- Bill
New Poster

Re: Not receiving short code messages from certain businesses/orgs/companies/banks

Thanks for your reply but didn’t understand what you want me to do. Can you please tell me how to resolve this?
Regular Contributor

Go to each source, and try and confirm which carrier they are using. Do this for problematic sources only, then change it if necessary, If needed delete your cell phone number from the source and reenter it. That may fix your problem with not receiving messages from them

- Bill