Community Forum

Not receiving SMS Text Messages if VoLTE (Voice over LTE) is enabled

New Poster

Not receiving SMS Text Messages if VoLTE (Voice over LTE) is enabled

I have an issue with a newly activated iPhone Xs.  Regular SMS text messages will NOT  come in if LTE is set to Voice and Data, which is the preferred option.  I tried disabling iMessage, rebooting multiple times, resetting 'network settings'.  The only thing that fixes SMS messages is turning off LTE for Voice (leaving it for Data only).   Xfinity - could you please provide a solution?  The service is not usable, as I am not able to use data while on a conference call unless VoLTE is enabled for Voice.  I am testing SMS messages with 266-278, which is an automated Comcast SMS service (for balance, etc..).   It seems that I can send SMS just fine regardless of VoLTE setting, but replies will not come in, unless LTE is disabled for voice.   

New Poster

Re: Not receiving SMS Text Messages if VoLTE (Voice over LTE) is enabled

I am having this same issue.  Just bought the new Samsung Galaxy S9 3 days ago and initially on the first day could not receive text messages.  After talking and chatting with Xfinity CSR's and Samsung, I still was unable to find any resolve.  My call service has been TERRIBLE since switching from AT&T and when I found the voLTE calling yesterday, I was excited, as my calls and service seemed better and was not dropping; however I was receiving messages that I could not access the internet while being on a call.  I noticed today I had not received any text messages and went through troubleshooting and restarting again and finally though to turn off the voLTE calling and boom 18 text messages come through. 

Xfinity - there has to be a solve for this issue.  It is unacceptable to be able to use the internet while on a call and unacceptable to be unable to use the best network service for clear calls while losing ability to receive messages.

Noelle

New Poster

I went to xfinity store and they solved it on the spot - the lady had to call some special support line and request some kind of unblock or activation. Everything worked within 10 seconds without needing to replace the SIM or phone.
Contributor

If they know it is a problem why will I need to call in to have them fix it?

errr

yes have issues sending images and text at times.

"Xfinity mobile is cheap and you get what you pay for losers."

New Poster

My wife and I have the same problem with new iPhone 8’s!
We just came over from AT&T.
I don’t understand why both voice and data enabled on LTE doesn’t allow the texts to come through?
Xfinity mobile needs to fix this or they will lose a lot of their new customers like us!
Contributor

I reset network and it helped some on sending texts

Not on calling though