Community Forum

Not Solved -- Vanished LG X phone orders although eMails confirm the order went through

Frequent Visitor

Not Solved -- Vanished LG X phone orders although eMails confirm the order went through

I have had similar issues of my order(s) vanishing, and then being cancelled by comcast.  I had ordered two additional lines, and LG X charge phones, for two other family members .... only to find out that Comcast cancelled the orders or that the orders vanished from my dashboard, or the order vanished somewhere in Comcast, meaning that the order was placed, an email was sent to me confirming the order, but it oddly disappeared in the Comcast system and was never processed. 

I placed orders for two phones around Labor Day, however the orders vanished and were never email confirmed, and never processed.  I re-placed and bought two more phones on September 13, 2017, one order vanished, the second order mysteriously cancelled because I do not use comcast email very often and did not respond to some series of questions regarding the phone order.

I have yet to receive any of the additional phones I ordered, and have the two emails which show the phones were actually purchased / ordered on Sept 13.

The concept is well-intentioned to Add additional lines but I doubt few if any of us are able to buy the additional phones and add the additional lines.

>> However, on a Positive Note:  the one LG X Charge I did receive is fabulous and the cell service is very good -- I cab switch easily between data and wifi, and monitor my data usage daily to be sure I am within my limits.

The xvinity mobile is not a gimmick, nor should any one be a "buyer beware".  I do think they were not prepared to handle all of the purchase orders, and that they are 'new' to the mobile phone tech service.  I just wish my additional phone orders had not been lost in the process or vanished from my account.  Overall, I would have to rate the success of the promotion and the service about a 9.5 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Official Employee

Re: Vanished LG X phone orders although eMails confirm the order went through

PerplexedKoala, it sounds like you were sent a fraud review email. Those questions have to be answered within 72 hours before the order can process. Otherwise, the order will cancel. Were you able to place a new order and answer the questions?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Im experiencing something similar. My initial order was cancelled. So after numerous calls, i reordered. Now its missing from my dashboard and cant get a straight answer as to where my phone is. So frustrating
Official Employee

Fieldsfamily209, I've seen your private messages and I'll respond to you there. 

KenF

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

This actually happened to quite a few people during the sale. I had an order cancelled without notice and another order almost cancelled because of a Comcast glitch over the credit cards. But I just had to keep putting in orders until they finally took (with some help from KenF). I understand that if orders were put in during the sale and confirmed that Comcast will honor the price.

Frequent Visitor

Actually, no, Ken, it was not a fraud email.

I never use comcast emails, so I failed to see the request for more information on one of the purchases; the other purchase vanished.  I called and spoke with a comcast tech -- they were perplexed, too.  I chatted with you directly online, explaining that I would have to have my two daughters flip a coin to see who gets to use the phone each day, or each week, and you responded with: well, if it works, that is good.  And I responded with:  I was being sarcastic.

There seems to be no solution as to why comcast cancelled both sets of orders, and still, I have not received another LG X phone which I purchased a total of 4 additional times during the sale.

And, No, Comcast does not honor the sale price once the order was cancelled.

To date:  no other phones were sent to me, only one of the orders was technically cancelled, and the other three orders vanished in the system.  I have an eMail confirming two of the purchases, then one of the cancellations because I did not reply to all 6 questions on time.  Then, that very same request for additional info was sent to me a second time on that same order (which had been cancelled).

Now you are telling me that those emails were fraud??

I would like at least one additional LG X Charge phone to be sent to me -- some where, the other orders vanished in the system.

Frequent Visitor

I accidentally hit the Solved marker -- this issue is Not Solved at this time.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Not Solved -- Vanished LG X phone orders although eMails confirm the order went through

okay, I only tagged my issue as Not Solved -- some one else added a tag of overwhelming incompetence.

I feel that Comcast is capable of solving these issues and was not prepared to handle the onslaught of purchases, calls, and confusion.

Official Employee

PerplexedKoala, let me check to see what's going. I see your private message. Please send me your account info there. 

Official Employee

Re: Not Solved -- Vanished LG X phone orders although eMails confirm the order went through

PerplexedKoala, can you send me your order numbers, your full name, account number and address so I can see what's going on here? Were you charged for any of the orders? 

Official Employee
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

Ken, I gave up.. after successive calls to find out about the order(s) I placed and why they vanished, and the one which seems to have been canceled... oh, and I did mention your chat with me about my letting my two daughters flip a coin to see who would get to use the phone --> IF an additional one had ever been sent.  It never was.

Of the 4 additional orders, only one was canceled, 3 vanished.  Adding additional lines seems to be problematic; so, it is what it is.

I gave up on the process.  While I would have beenhappy to receive one additional phone to put one of the family members on my account.. calling several times to see what occurred is a headache for me.  So, as it stands:  this issue was Never Resolved -- because of the glitch in the comcast emails. 

Official Employee

PerplexedKoala, this is not the experience I wanted for you. If you'd like me to take a look at what happened here, I'd be happy to. Just send me your account info in private message.