Community Forum

No Video Calling on Note 9

Regular Visitor

No Video Calling on Note 9

I just got a new Note 9 from Xfinity Mobile and wifi calling is working but video calling isn't. When I try to enable I get a pop up that says your video calling service on your account we as turned off. Please contact customer service to have the service turned on. I've already contacted customer service and they are telling me it's not compatible with Android. I would have to download a video calling app. But in other forum posts on this topic are saying to PM customer service rep to get it enabled. So my question is what gives is it compatible or not?
Contributor

Re: No Video Calling on Note 9

Following, I have a galaxy s9 plus
Regular Visitor

So no answer from support so apparently they don't read the forums.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

you might  need too due  a softeware  update too get them  working   if you  dont have a software  update then may be a rep can push one out too your phone   all ways check your phone for software android  updates 

Official Employee

Hi skirkendall, thank you for creating a post. I replied to your private message, please reach back out to me there for further assistance. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

skirkendall wrote: I just got a new Note 9 from Xfinity Mobile and wifi calling is working but video calling isn't. When I try to enable I get a pop up that says your video calling service on your account we as turned off. Please contact customer service to have the service turned on. I've already contacted customer service and they are telling me it's not compatible with Android. I would have to download a video calling app. But in other forum posts on this topic are saying to PM customer service rep to get it enabled. So my question is what gives is it compatible or not?

Hello skirkendall, unfortunately Xfinity Mobile does not support video calling on Android devices at this time. We are working on getting it enabled soon.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!