Community Forum

New unlocked iPhone to swap with an existing Xfinity Mobile phone

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

New unlocked iPhone to swap with an existing Xfinity Mobile phone

I have an active Xfinity Mobile phone, but I need to replace it with a new unlocked iPhone 11 Pro I’ve bought from Bestbuy. I’ve received a new Xfinity Mobile SIM card from a local Xfinity store for the new phone. When I was ready to make the switch and called the Xfinity Mobile customer service as instructed, they did not know how to process the request. This has happened once before for the same issue and took me to go through too many different Tier 1 and Tier 2 reps. I understand I need Tier 3 to make this work, but Tier 3 is unavailable to help and process this request. Now what do I do? What is Tier 3’s service hours? How do I reach them more efficiently instead of waiting 30 minutes to get to Tier 1 than Tier 1 texting Tier 2 to Tier 3 wasting at least a full hour?
Official Employee

Re: New unlocked iPhone to swap with an existing Xfinity Mobile phone

Hi yunsean, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Mobile through the Forum. I will be happy to help you get your device activated. I am sorry to hear you were not able to get the proper assistance when you called. The feedback on your experience is very important to us, we want to ensure you, and every other customer trying to complete the same task have the best experience.

In order to help get the device activated, I will need you to send me a private message. I will need the following information to access and verify your account please; your first and last name, the full-service address for your residential account, the last 4 digits of the stored payment method on file, and the mobile number we will be activating the device on.

Once I have the account detail I can proceed with the activation. At that time, I will need to be in direct communication with you in order to successfully activate your device. I look forward to hearing from you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!