Community Forum

Need to cancel unstopped phone due to not delivering on time for use

Regular Visitor

Need to cancel unstopped phone due to not delivering on time for use

I purchased a new iPhone on my plan for my daughter who will be leaving on 1/4 and will need the phone with her. I was told that the phone would deliver on 1/3 even with the holidays. The phone has not shipped yet as of 1/1 so I have purchased an unlocked phone from apple for her. I do not see an option to cancel my order on the Xfinity site. Please cancel the order.
Regular Contributor

Re: Need to cancel unstopped phone due to not delivering on time for use


@dms1008 wrote:
I purchased a new iPhone on my plan for my daughter who will be leaving on 1/4 and will need the phone with her. I was told that the phone would deliver on 1/3 even with the holidays. The phone has not shipped yet as of 1/1 so I have purchased an unlocked phone from apple for her. I do not see an option to cancel my order on the Xfinity site. Please cancel the order.

 

it might be faster if you  called in or  chat with a  live  rep on the chat then coming on here  but if the order is getting ready  too ship  they may not be able too cancel    the order   but  i would try  giveing  them a call or  chating with a live rep useing there  live chat on the mobile  web site  other wise if you wait on here too get the help you need  your order may  all  ready be getting ready too ship out  

 

here the link 

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support 

 

on there you  see  a phone number and you can all so hit  the chat   

New Poster

Re: Need to cancel unstopped phone due to not delivering on time for use

To my knowledge, devices ship 2 day via FedEx. Your order is processing and being a Holiday you will receive it as scheduled for delivery on 01/03/19
Regular Visitor

Re: Need to cancel unshipped phone due to not delivering on time for use

Thank you. Did call and after 45 mins they said yes, it did not ship and I can expect it on Friday. So I said I needed to cancel my order explaining that I was told both in the store and over the phone that I would definitely have it by Thursday even with holiday. He said they cannot cancel the order over the phone. Which seems strange to me. But he said I would have to wait until it delivers and then return it for a refund. I hope this is true as I bought an unlocked iPhone at Best Buy. Oh and that took me less than 5 minutes to do!  So much wasted time with Xfinity both at the store and on the phone.

Valued Contributor

Re: Need to cancel unshipped phone due to not delivering on time for use

XM will probably hit you with a restocking fee when you return the phone.

Regular Contributor

Re: Need to cancel unshipped phone due to not delivering on time for use


@gderf wrote:

XM will probably hit you with a restocking fee when you return the phone.


and not too add    they will need too grade the phone has well  so  they may change  a fee for that too 

Valued Contributor

Re: Need to cancel unshipped phone due to not delivering on time for use


@snow7551 wrote:

@gderf wrote:

XM will probably hit you with a restocking fee when you return the phone.


and not too add    they will need too grade the phone has well  so  they may change  a fee for that too 


My advice is to refuse the shipment when it arrives. That way any damage will have been caused by the shipper and the customer will not have to deal with the return shipping hassle and costs.

 

Regular Contributor

Re: Need to cancel unshipped phone due to not delivering on time for use


@gderf wrote:

@snow7551 wrote:

@gderf wrote:

XM will probably hit you with a restocking fee when you return the phone.


and not too add    they will need too grade the phone has well  so  they may change  a fee for that too 


My advice is to refuse the shipment when it arrives. That way any damage will have been caused by the shipper and the customer will not have to deal with the return shipping hassle and costs.

 


i dont think thats a smart idea   best way to do it  is too get the phone  then call  get your RMA return number and then  send your phone back  oh and make sure your take video  and photo of the phone be for sending it off in case  you  need too  have them for proof later in case  they charge you gradeing fee  wish i sure they will 

New Poster

Re: Need to cancel unshipped phone due to not delivering on time for use


@dms1008 wrote:

Thank you. Did call and after 45 mins they said yes, it did not ship and I can expect it on Friday. So I said I needed to cancel my order explaining that I was told both in the store and over the phone that I would definitely have it by Thursday even with holiday. He said they cannot cancel the order over the phone. Which seems strange to me. But he said I would have to wait until it delivers and then return it for a refund. I hope this is true as I bought an unlocked iPhone at Best Buy. Oh and that took me less than 5 minutes to do!  So much wasted time with Xfinity both at the store and on the phone.


I wouldn't put too much faith into first line CSRs (esp. those that tell you good evening when it is in the early morning) as AFAIK they will say whatever that is convenient for them (to get you to either hang up or continue to put up with what comcast would like), if you do not comply right away, many will simply hang up and have you make another call (and be on hold for another few hours waiting for a live preson). Sadly, on top of that most CSRs and even some supervisors don't even know how to help even if they are willing to (see 1st point, they are not).

 

 

That's exactly why once you tell them you wanted to cancel, they'll say "it will magically arrive earlier" and there's "no way" they can help either to expedite, cancel or refund. Nothing strange here.

 

 

Just watch the numerous youtube videos on Comcast CSR call recordings to get an idea and to enjoy some laughter (might not really be that fun when you are the victim, I've been there and know the feeling).

 

btw. I'd simply BBB if you want some chance of a reasonable person to review the issue and refund since you had to choose an alternative due to their slow shipping. Otherwise you'll likely waste days being led by the CSRs to run in circles among them.

 

Good luck!