Community Forum

Need help getting unlock / unfreeze code for Galaxy S8+

Regular Visitor

Need help getting unlock / unfreeze code for Galaxy S8+

Like several others here, I have been trying to get an unlock code for my phone. I have a Ssamsung Galaxy S8+ which was paid in full up-front, and have had service for 7+ months. It was a nightmare gettign the unlock code, and shortly after I got it, the phone developed a hardware problem and was repalced under warranty. I got the replacement in August. 

Now I am trying to get the unlock code for the replacement device. I have called XFINITY 3 times and gotten 3 tickets. I have sent multiple emails to XfinityMobile_unlocks@comcast.com and have gotten all of these replies:

10/20: We were unable to process your request to unlock the following devices(s): <SIM #> because a technical issue is delaying the ability to unlock the device(s). Your request will be completed when the issue is resolved.
10/21: We were unable to process your request to unlock the following devices(s): <SIM #> because information on the unlock request form was missing or inaccurate.
10/27: We were unable to process your request to unlock the following devices(s): <SIM #> because information on the unlock request form was missing or inaccurate.
10/30: We were unable to process your request to unlock the following devices(s): <SIM #> because the account is not in good standing.

My bill is paid in full each month through auto-bill! Every time I call, they promise I will get the code. For the last ticket, I never even got a reply from XfinityMobile_unlocks@comcast.com.

Someone please help me! 

Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Need help getting unlock / unfreeze code for Galaxy S8+

Hello Wallstreet1, thank you for creating a post on our forum. I can assist you with getting your device unlocked, for further assistance please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

@ComcastAmir wrote:

Hello Wallstreet1, thank you for creating a post on our forum. I can assist you with getting your device unlocked, for further assistance please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

I am trying to send you a message but see no "send message" option when I click your name? Can you send me one instead to see if I can reply? I am having the same issue.

Official Employee

Wallstreet1 wrote: Yes, I have finally received hte unlock code. Thank you.

You're welcome, have a good day. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!