Community Forum

Need guidance with Changing service from Att to xfinity mobile.

Highlighted
New Poster

Need guidance with Changing service from Att to xfinity mobile.

I have 3 old incompatible iPhones on At&T. I have bought three new iPhones from apple without SIM cards.  How do I setup an xfinity account with the new phones and transfer the old phone numbers to the new phones. Step by step instructions would be helpful and greatly appreciated. 

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Need guidance with Changing service from Att to xfinity mobile.

First question to you. Can you cancel your purchase of the new iPhones and get your money back? If you buy any iPhone from Xfinity Mobile by the end of the year, subject to availability, they will take $250 off the price of each iPhone when you pay over 24 months. This may be limited to two phones as a new customer. 

Otherwise, go online and order SIM cards for each of the phones and follow the directions shown on xfinitymobile.com BYOD. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Thank you for your response.  
I don't want to be tied to a 24 month contract. 

I am not a mobile customer, but am an xfinity internet customer. 

I don't have an xfinity mobile account yet.
Does this get created when I request the SIM cards? 

Once I have the SIM cards and the account, the rest looks like it can be done online. I am just not sure how to get to the point where I have the SIM cards and the "xfinity mobile my account". 

Highlighted
Problem Solver

I believe that you can do it all online. Just go to Bring Your Phone, check the compatibility of one of the phones, and keep going. You will need to know your AT&T account number and pin, as well as your Xfinity Internet account number and password and so on. 

Good Luck