Community Forum

My service has been suspended due to a defective device dilemma

Highlighted
New Poster

My service has been suspended due to a defective device dilemma

My Xfinity Mobile service was suspended today because I supposedly did not return a defective device to Xfinity in time and I was charged $1,000 for the  phone and the payment didn't go through.  This started when I upgraded to the iPhone Xs and found it to be defective right away when I just would not receive phone calls and the phone would not back up and had spotty service.  I brought it back within a week of the purchase and they conducted some diagnostic testing and found the phone to indeed be defective on many fronts.  I was shocked however to be told that my brand new phone was not eligible for return and I had to go to the Apple store to get it fixed! Now according to the agreement I had signed less than seven days before I could return the phone within 14 days just because I didn't like the color! so after an hour in the store they graciously agreed to send me a replacement by Fedex within a couple of days and I would send the old one back.  I never received the new phone.  TEN days after that ordeal I called to ask about my phone only to find out that my order had been cancelled.  The nice woman on the phone who's name I can't recall did expedite my new order and my new phone was sent out and arrived the next day.  When the new phone shipped I got an e-mail that states that I must return the old defective device within 20 days of my new device SHIPPING.  That would put me at January 3, 2019.  Today my service was cut off for not returning the defective device in time and subsequently not paying for it.  I called in and had a very unpleasant conversation with three different agents there who were condecending and were making fun of me.  At one point the woman actually said that twenty days from December 14 was impossible because there is no December 34 sir and laughed at me!  She was the supposed highest level supervisor there.  She wanted me to pay the $1,000 to turn the phone back on and they would refund it once they received the old defective phone back.  She states that the 20 days started the day I started the return process and was denied the return at the Xfinity store.  But I told her that the e-mail, the woman who processed my new order and Xfinity's own nationwide website states that the reurns are due TWENTY (20) days from SHIPMENT of the new device.  I asked her to tell me the website and e-mail are wrong and she would never state that fact.  I have a very fragile mother in the hospital, very young children and a special needs child I'm responsible for and a business that relies on my phones.  I have been a loyal Xfinity cable and Mobile customer with a big home subscription looking to upgrade to a business package hopefully in the coming year for web hosting and more and have four lines and looking to add and go commercial there as well but the recent issues I've had on both ends of service make me think twice about continuing my service period.  Even the store staff was rude to me today.  I need my service back please.  The phone will go back  I tried to get the fedex label but can't dowload it I get an error saying it's not there.  I called back trying to get it from you folks and was told they can't give me a label for a device that doesn't exist??? when I call in no one seems to know why my service is turned off either.  Thank you!