Community Forum

My ordeal returning a phone to Xfinity store (phone bought at same store)

Regular Visitor

My ordeal returning a phone to Xfinity store (phone bought at same store)

Jan 28 I ported in from AT&T and bought an iPhone X on installment in store.

Feb 4 I returned the phone to the same store since I didn't like iPhone X.

I told the associate that I was actually fine with the service so if I could return iPhone X and keep the service using BYOD instead (I brought my iPhone 6s with me). I asked if we could simply swap the sim card from iPhone X into iPhone 6s. The associate said no, the sim is associated with the phone. He proceeded to terminate my service and got a brand new sim card for the 6s. He charged me some $2 plus change (for the fees I incurred so far?) plus $35 restocking fee.

He then found out that he lost my phone number since he cancelled my service. He had to call CMO asking for my number to be restored and termination reversed. He advised me to port out to other carrier then port back in if I'm still interested in BYOD, that's the only way to keep my number. 

I went to the mall, ported my number back to AT&T using my iphone 6s. 

I returned to Xfinity store, the associate who helped me earlier said, "That's weird, return is already processed". He then proceeded to call CMO again. He said he'd send it to the warehouse right away or I could do it myself. He said I'll get charged for the next 30-60 days then everything will get reversed. 

My question: Am I in the clear? Right now, I just don't want to have anything to do with Xfinity Mobile anymore.

The associate who helped me was nice and polite but I think they all need more training.

I called Xfinity Mobile asking clarification on instore return process but the rep said she didn't know. She created a ticket for me, it's 14419225. Please help. Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Re: My ordeal returning a phone to Xfinity store (phone bought at same store)

if i  where  you i would keep a vary close  eye on your card    has your phone has not been graded  yet   

you  may see a  C stock grade  charged  on your next bill or  you may get charged full  price of the phone  

i dont think you can do in store returns  has when you return some in you would need too ship it back  with a RMA  #  and  wait 30 days  for it  too be  graded  and stuff  

so i would not say you are in the  clear  right now  keep a close eye on the card that  you uesd for any high  charges on it 

Official Employee

BettyBund, this doesn't sound like the best experience. You should be OK as long as the device wasn't returned defective. 

The device can take up to 30 days to process. Once that is done, you should be able to activate a BYOD line. 

KenF

Regular Visitor

ComcastKenF, what do you mean by satying I should be OK as long as the device was returned defective? The devide that I returned was fine and I returned it under 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

Also, how do I know if the return has been processed and completed? Thank you.

Regular Contributor

bettey   you will no when it  completed  when they  charged  your card for  a C stock grade or full  pirce of the phone  has long  has there is no damges  too the   phone   but since the phone was defective you may end up getting  charged  full price of  the phone  you all so will not get a refund if that happens 

Official Employee

ComcastKenF, what do you mean by satying I should be OK as long as the device was returned defective? The devide that I returned was fine and I returned it under 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

Also, how do I know if the return has been processed and completed? Thank you.

BettyBund, apologies, I meant to say wasn't returned defective. 

Even if you return the device within the 30 day window, you want to ensure the device didn't have any knicks or scratches, etc. This type of damage (and worse) would render a damage fee for the returned device. As long as it was returned in good condition, you won't have to worry about any additional charges. 

I can check if the return was processed/completed. Like I said, it can take up to 30 days to process, but I can see if it was graded already. Just shoot me a private message and I can take a look.