Community Forum

More interceptions than “insert football team”

Frequent Visitor

More interceptions than “insert football team”

Last Monday I decided to order Xfinity Mobile as it seemed like a good deal and I already have 3 other services with them. On Tuesday, I got an email about verification, so I sent in the info they asked for and the order shipped that day. Expected delivery date was Thursday, and when that day rolled around, actually morning of the delivery date, they intercepted the package back to Xfinity saying my order didn't pass verification. Ok, I contacted a few people, most were of no help, until I finally got in touch with a person in corporate escalations.
    I was able to get another placed with him, I was assured they had checked everything to verify the order would go through without any further issues. It shipped on Friday, I thought great, I will be able to go with Xfinity Mobile. Expected delivery date was today. All was great even when I checked at 9am this morning. Then when I checked at 10:30am, it had been intercepted and is on its way back to Texas.
    I am just flabbergasted at having 2 devices shipped to me, and intercepted after arriving in my local area to be delivered. They literally made it to within 30 miles of me in VA before being intercepted back to Texas. I just can't wrap my mind around what can lead to this terrible of an experience.
     I can order the same iphone x from verizon and have it tomorrow. At this point I am thinking of cancelling down to minimum internet as they are the only provider where I am (besides Centurylink 10m dsl). I have had their service for 9 years, as was confirmed by a rep, and they can't verify? I understand why they are losing customers with this treatment. Do they just not want my business at all?

Official Employee

Re: More interceptions than “insert football team”

@tdc012 wrote:

Last Monday I decided to order Xfinity Mobile as it seemed like a good deal and I already have 3 other services with them. On Tuesday, I got an email about verification, so I sent in the info they asked for and the order shipped that day. Expected delivery date was Thursday, and when that day rolled around, actually morning of the delivery date, they intercepted the package back to Xfinity saying my order didn't pass verification. Ok, I contacted a few people, most were of no help, until I finally got in touch with a person in corporate escalations.
    I was able to get another placed with him, I was assured they had checked everything to verify the order would go through without any further issues. It shipped on Friday, I thought great, I will be able to go with Xfinity Mobile. Expected delivery date was today. All was great even when I checked at 9am this morning. Then when I checked at 10:30am, it had been intercepted and is on its way back to Texas.
    I am just flabbergasted at having 2 devices shipped to me, and intercepted after arriving in my local area to be delivered. They literally made it to within 30 miles of me in VA before being intercepted back to Texas. I just can't wrap my mind around what can lead to this terrible of an experience.
     I can order the same iphone x from verizon and have it tomorrow. At this point I am thinking of cancelling down to minimum internet as they are the only provider where I am (besides Centurylink 10m dsl). I have had their service for 9 years, as was confirmed by a rep, and they can't verify? I understand why they are losing customers with this treatment. Do they just not want my business at all?

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I know we have talked via e-mail on this and we have the right teams and leadership from Xfinity Mobile working on getting you the phone and also uncovering why this happened. Apologies again. Thanks for your patience and thanks for the opportunity to make this right. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!