Community Forum

Mobile upgrade horrific experience /

New Poster

Mobile upgrade horrific experience /

I have had Xfinity mobile for 2 years. Never a late payment. I have added lines and have other services through comcast. My phone was up for upgrade and I paid it off in the store . Once they processed my payment they were unable to upgrade my phone due to a “security feature” that requested me to order online and then made me send my I’d and other documents .
I spoke to 10-12 representatives on the phone . I was hung up on , out on hold, and given the run around. No one in the company knows why this system flagged my account . Finally the fraud department says they have this security feature where random Accts are being required to provide additional security documents for fraud protection . If this were the case why am I able to use the SAME info to pay $1000s for phones and service bills but this time , 2 years and 3 phones through them later I’m being basically made to feel like a criminal and can’t get a new phone after having the same one for 2 years. What they are doing is not right. I am in the store with all my identification and a loyal customer . It is next to impossible to create hat many credit cards photo ids consistent card info for payments over the years and not actually be me. Online , yes. In the store ? This is mistreatment of customers who are paying you with the understanding that they will be provided the services such as upgrades at the time specified and customer service that resolves any issues. I feel like Xfinity has not provided the services they have promised . At the time of my upgrade after paying loyally I am being forced to deal with terrible customer service reps and a beat up phone with no idea when or if my upgrade will be able to be completed. This should be illegal. If the program says pay the phone off and get your new one and that isn’t what your doing , Xfinity is not fulfilling their promises . This is disgusting and I’d bet illegal due to being paid with the expectation of service and device upgrades in the timeline they have and they aren’t doing this. If my account is not compensated in some way for the amount of frustration, time , and money I have invested in Comcast and the maltreatment and breach of the upgrade plan as they promise , I will be going any and every route to make sure this is addressed. If you aren’t going to be able to upgrade when they say , they shouldn’t be able to stay in business lying to the consumers .