Community Forum

Mobile questions

New Poster

Mobile questions

I am currently in a 2 year contract with Verizon for my mobile service. The contract ends next April. The commercials for Xfinity Mobile have me interested and I would love to see if I could save some money:

1. How is the coverage for Xfinity Mobile compared to Verizon or other providers?

2. Since I have Xfinity Internet and Cable, would adding on Mobile come with any additional benefits (Package deals, etc.)?

3. If I wanted to change right now, would Xfinity help with any contract cancellation fees?

4. Could I keep the phone I currently have (Galaxy S9+) or would I have to buy a new phone upon switching to Xfinity Mobile?

Contributor

Re: Mobile questions

Wow. Can't believe you've had no answers

@Windsjorn wrote:

I am currently in a 2 year contract with Verizon for my mobile service. The contract ends next April. The commercials for Xfinity Mobile have me interested and I would love to see if I could save some money:

1. How is the coverage for Xfinity Mobile compared to Verizon or other providers?

1 - Xfinity Mobile runs on the Verizon network. Someone wants to text me from email they send to xxxxxxx@vtext.com just like Verizon. The only caveat is the "unlimited" has had a 20gb/month data cap put on. This has not been an issue since my phone defaults to Wifi when strong Xfinity hotspots are available and they are everywhere. Comcast wants us using wifi and I have no complaints about it.

2. Since I have Xfinity Internet and Cable, would adding on Mobile come with any additional benefits (Package deals, etc.)?

No idea

3. If I wanted to change right now, would Xfinity help with any contract cancellation fees?

Ask them at a store. They also want us in their stores

4. Could I keep the phone I currently have (Galaxy S9+) or would I have to buy a new phone upon switching to Xfinity Mobile?

??

New Poster

Ty for the info
Contributor

See more answers below

No - They are already giving free unlimitrd calls and text because you have Xfinity Internet (Otherwise they would charge you $20 per line). You still have to pay some taxes and fees depending on where you live. 

3. If I wanted to change right now,d would Xfinity help with any contract cancellation fees?

No - You would have to pay/close out your current contract on your own

Yes - The Xfinity Mobile shows that you should be able to bring your current phone if you meet all of the conditions. Such as number 3 above. 

Regular Contributor

FWIW, WE switched 2 phones to XM from Google Fi and before that they were on VZW for a long time Service here as good as VZW. WIll have to wait until Oct for Gift Cards.

1 is a definite Yes.

Your Galaxy s9+ may be compatible

We paid less that VZW having bought 2 phones pus data for month 1.

- Bill